1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?Global warming hoax comming unraveled ??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

You can read the complete article at the attached link. Jim

Skeptical Scientists Urge World To ‘Have the Courage to Do Nothing' At UN Conference

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=c9554887-802a-23ad-4303-68f67ebd151c

BALI, Indonesia - An international team of scientists skeptical of man-made climate fears promoted by the UN and former Vice President Al Gore, descended on Bali this week to urge the world to "have the courage to do nothing" in response to UN demands.

Lord Christopher Monckton, a UK climate researcher, had a blunt message for UN climate conference participants on Monday.

"Climate change is a non problem. The right answer to a non problem is to have the courage to do nothing," Monckton told participants.

"The UN conference is a complete waste of our time and your money and we should no longer pay the slightest attention to the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change,)" Monckton added. (LINK)

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

But what about the children???

3. Questor

Questor TS Member

I have used a rule of thumb that works very well since the beginning of the Clinton administration: As soon as Al Gore gets involved with an initiative, it fails. I do not believe there has ever been an exception to this.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The arrogance of flying about in a private jet while urging us to use our bicycles is typical of this asshole.

Some years back, before he was even elected he tied up the whole West Coast flight system. Sky Harbor in Phoenix had to be shut down so he could walk through the airport without having any common people near him.

I sat locked in a plane for 4 hours in Minneapolis at that time.

Of course, Luke AFB 10 miles away was not good enough, he needed to give the peons a touch of the whip.

Klinton's haircut episode at LAX was the same garbage.

The 2 party system will keep the "governing class" in power forever. And jerks like Gore will continue to work their magic on our country.

HM

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

C'mon now, guys. The science is "settled". In order to encourage progressive thought, one heretic will be burned at the stake every hour until this petty quibbling comes to a stop.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

How does global warming affect sex? .....Let it snow...let it snow....let it snow!

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

This is the biggest left wing hoax perpetrated against the masses around the world since extolling the virtues of Communism.

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Second biggest.
    The FIRST biggest was the widespread fear spread two decades ago about global cooling and the coming of the next ice age..........remember??

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Link doesn't work for me.

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

You got to look at Global Warming in a positive way! 10,000 years from now it won't matter whether it was warming or cooling......we'll all be gone baby...GONE!

11. tj303

tj303 Member

link doesn't work for me

12. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Link worked for me to get in. Then I had to find the article. It is worth reading.

Trapgeek

13. grammie

grammie TS Member

Global warming and global cooling go together hand and hand!!!! For every scientifically proven era of "global warming" what follows has always brought about an "ice age"!!!!! And this "is" fact!!!!!

But in every case,,,,,,NOT one human being can do anything to stop it!!!!!

They can tax us till we have nothing left but goodwill,,,,but the next natural event to take place,,such as Krakatoa exploding or any other volcano will spew more carbon dioxide/monoxide into the air than 200 years of industrial manufacturing ever would!!!

You cannot fight mother nature,,anymore than you can keep the creeks from rising after a rain!!!!

But,,,Australia just became another member of the global warming community to fall prey to this joke.....And that leaves us--america as the last hold-out among industrialized nations to get on board the tax bus!!!! But beware if the Dems win,,,for they will sign the treaty's,,,and then let the taxes begin.....

AKA Grammie.........

14. jimsw

jimsw Member

All we have to do to stop putting CO2 in the air is to stop exhaling. Just think if we all pledged to exhale only 1 day a week we could probably solve the whole thing very quickly.

15. smartass

smartass TS Member

I really believe in global warming. In fact, I stopped making my world famous pinto beans to save the world all that greenhouse gas. See, Albert, I'm doing my part, so now can I fire up the jet?

16. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

If you copy and past the link from the text to your browser it will take you to the article. The addy must be too long for the site web link window.

Jim

17. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

"Second biggest. The FIRST biggest was the widespread fear spread two decades ago about global cooling and the coming of the next ice age..........remember??"

Indeed!

I even heard one of these jerks on television the other week say that global warming might CAUSE ANOTHER ICE AGE.......

To which the moderator gazed wisely over his half frames and nodded agreement....

There used to be a colored comedian, I can't remember his name, who made a living by getting on the stage and telling seemingly impossible stories like this, then following it up by widening hie eyes, looking into the camera and shouting OH YEEESSSSSSS!

The current bunch of jokers aren't quite so funney.

18. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

You can ignore the scientific consensus all you want - time will tell the tale for our grandchildren, one way or the other. There have been three interesting news pieces this week:

1) My local newspaper carried a piece from AP Monday that had scientists reporting the most rapid melt rate of the Greenland ice sheet ever recorded for this past summer, generating enough water to cover Washington State to the depth of several feet.

2) A piece on NBC Nightly News this week covered tourist excursions the Russians were running this summer, taking folks to the North Pole via icebreakers. Until recently it has been impossible for surface ships to reach there.

3) The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reported today that 2007 will be the 8th warmest year in the US since records were begun in 1895. Of the ten warmest years since recordkeeping began, all ten have occured since 1997, and the warmest year was 2005. Worldwide 2007 will likely be the fifth warmest year since records were begun in 1880. A separate temperature data set released this week by NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies indicates that so far, 2007 is the second-warmest year on record, behind only 2005.

19. quicky

quicky Member

Pocatello, I think that the warmest years were actually in the 1930's and NASA/James Hansen have had to retract many of his erroneous statements about warming. Junkscience.com and CO2science.org are two great sites which are dedicated to stopping the myth. Our local utility just announced that they were going to shelve plans for 2 550 megawatt generators due to "the uncertain political climate" and concerns about "mitigating CO2 emissions." There go 2,000 construction jobs and about 150 permanent jabs for a 3 billion $ project. I just wonder how many windmills it will take to replace 1100 megawatts of power when the wind isn't blowing.

Also, you get your power from the utility I just mentioned. Their rates are some of the lowest in the nation at about $.06/kilowatt hour. Wind is double that-when it blows. Wind has approximately a 25% on-stream factor due to mechanical breakdowns and less than optimal velocity. I love the talk of how x-number of windmills will light 25,000 homes. Then I have to wonder how many it will take to run our 6 5,500HP compressor motors where I work. Then I think of the utility calling our idle plant to tell us that we may have enough power to run them next Thursday if the storm comes in a scheduled.

A point to keep in mind is that if you take a handful of atmosphere that consists of, for comparison purposes, 100,000 molecules, 38 of those 100,000 are CO2 and of those 38 CO2 molecules only 4 are manmade. If we increase our CO2 emissions by 25 percent in the next 5 years as predicted then the number grows to 40 and 6 respectively. Most climate scientists without a dog in the fight (re: not collecting grant $) are very forthright about CO2 not being the causal or driving agent of warming. I would like to call for a 1 week strike by all the North American electrical generators to bring to some collective consciousness to the necessity of elec. power and the lunacy of all the Al Gores in the world over this wretched crusade to usurp our control over our own lives and forcing us to hand over our freedoms to them as unelected nannies.

See ya on my next rant, Quicky

20. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

What I'd like to know is what is there to gain by making a scientific reality into a hoax?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.