1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Global cooling...here it comes!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by quicky, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

This is a lengthy article but shows great science and its application. It is all about solar activity and the future looks pretty bleak on the global cooling side of things. Think Dalton minimum and little ice age of the 1800's.

You will need to put a little time in following this up but the read is quite worthwhile. Quicky

http://www.warwickhughes.com/agri/Solar_Arch_NY_Mar2_08.pdf

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This guy refutes the article and call Archibald a global warming "denialist".<br>
    <br>
    Archibald makes some good points, but those points must withstand scrutiny.

3. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Has this guy ever shot in Ohio?

4. quicky

quicky Member

I have never heard the term 'denialist' before. In fact, I do not think the word exists. I do know that the term 'denier' is being used frequently now to discredit non-believers. Sounds like a religion to me; deniers and non-believers and such. Kind of like during the inquisition (coincidentally, a brutal time of severe climate for most Europeans). The best book on the subject I have read is Unstoppable Global Warming; every 1500 years. Also, The Great Warming Swindle is a very good movie, the antidote to Algore's spoof.

Please read the above listed source and do not dismiss it out of hand, we may be in for some very rough times here in the next 30 years or so. We are in an 'interglacial' at the moment, and our periods of glaciation on earth have far exceeded the interglacials.

In essence, better shoot quick! Quicky

5. Brian in Oregon

<i>quicky, quote: "I have never heard the term 'denialist' before. In fact, I do not think the word exists. I do know that the term 'denier' is being used frequently now to discredit non-believers. Sounds like a religion to me; deniers and non-believers and such. Kind of like during the inquisition (coincidentally, a brutal time of severe climate for most Europeans)."</i><br>
    <br>
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."<br>
    <br>
    I sometimes think liberals idolize Humpty Dumpty.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Brian- Humpty Dumpty was King Henry VIII. The poem has historical significance. Henry VIII does not fit into the definition of a liberal.

I am doing my part to prevent global cooling but, my efforts alone will not prevent the inevitable next ice age. The only thing that can prevent another southern movement of the ice caps is a giant meteor hitting the Earth again, disruption of the magnetic forces of the earth caused by internal cooling, disruption of the earth orbit by the moon moving farther away, the Sun running low on fuel and changing into a red giant or eruption of another super volcano. All of these possibilities are real, we just don't know which one will happen first. Any one of these events would end the two vs. three hole discussions.

Pat Ireland

7. Brian in Oregon

I know the historical aspect. I never said Henry VIII was a liberal. I think you're over analyzing the post.

8. chessney

chessney TS Member

Hump Dump was an egg that sat on a wall! I think you guys just surf posts to start arguments...Ziggy

9. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Don't you guys get it yet.....??????
    Should Global Cooling become the next "Fad Fact", Al Gore stands ready to sell back all the carbon credits he's been hawking to the loons, and help warm us back up.
    Is it any wonder he got the Nobel Prize...!!!

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

With the Gore award, the NObel Prize becomes buried in populist stupidity.

Junk science rises to the fore, along with junk economics and junk politics.

Happiness is knowing you don't have to be around for much more of this moronic meandering, sadness is knowing your grandchildren are going to have it shoved down their throat.

Facts are, the disappearing ice seems to be reappearing. Just like a rabbit out of a hat.

HM

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I saw on television news last night that the earth has cooled 1 degree F the last decade. Hmmmm.

12. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Very good read. Thanks for posting it.

13. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Brian,

The term "denialist" sound like something akin to "Holocaust Denyer). It is clearly a derogatory term meant to engender a negative feeling towards the author without having to factually disprone his claims. This is always a good starting point for any liberal - first impune or destroy the person's charachter and then attack his claims. By the time the reader gets to the meat of the issue he is so negatively disposed, you could make him believe anything.

Tony C in New Jersey

14. quicky

quicky Member

John the farmer was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers, called pullets, and ten roosters whose job it was to fertilize the eggs via the hens.

The farmer kept records and any rooster that didn't perform well went into the soup pot and was replaced. This took up a lot of his time, so he bought a set of tiny bells for each of his roosters and attached them thereto. Each bell had a different tone so John could tell from a distance which rooster was performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells.

The farmer's favorite rooster was old Butch, and a fine speciman he was too! But on this particular morning John noticed that old Butch's bell had not rung at all. John went to investigate.

The other roosters were chasing pullets, their bells a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the bells of roosters on the run were ducking for cover.

But to farmer John's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and then saunter over to the next one. John was so proud of old Butch that he entered him in the Renfrew County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The results...the judges not only awarded old Butch the No Bell Piece Prize but the Pulletsurprise as well.

Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making: who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most highly coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention.

I lifted that from a respondents post on http://www.wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com which happens to be a great web site dealing with solar irradiance and global warming/cooling.

Another great article on the falsity of AGW is

http://www.nzclimatescience.org/images/PDFs/archibald2007.pdf This predicts global cooling for the next 30 years at least.

Also see http://icecaps.us/images/uploads/falsification_of_CO2.pdf

This should take the better part of your Sunday morning! Enjoy, Quicky

15. quicky

quicky Member

Too important to ignore...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.