1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glenrock Bluing - Perfect Work

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trim tab, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Phil and his team at Glenrock Blue in Glenrock Wyoming are true craftsmen. I send my MX 2000 Combo, extra barrel, 3 triggers, and two forends and just received them back today and their work was masterful. I have had lot of bluing done over the years and this is by far the best job I have ever seen.
    I highly recommend Phil. Turnaround time, quality is 1st class. Phils contact number is 307-436-2330 or email dfiling@aol.com. Their website is www.gunbluing.com YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPpPOINTED!!!

2. checker

checker Member

A-1....The Very Best....It's a 10 step process....not 3-4 like some other shops....Phil and crew are very easy to work with.....Do not hesitate on any gun, especially your High $ stuff.

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

Glenrock Blue did excellent work on a gun I sent out there too. I have a few others that will be making their way there.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I was there last July and spent the day with Phil, Doug and Diane.

Phil told me they use a 12 step process to blue and to his knowledge, no other operation did this kind of bluing.

They are the #1 bluing guys in the country.

Whiz White

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Turnaround time

All depends on the time of year you send your gun in and what you consider reasonable turnaround time. You have to ask before you ship. At one point I was told they had 700 guns waiting to be worked on.

I had a gun done in 2009.

6. checker

checker Member

To speed up the turnaround....polish yourself or have someone else do it....GlenRock will do a final polish.....got my gun out & back home in less than 3 weeks.....They just put you gun in next batch.....and CALL to get timing right before sending your gun.....Just got my barrel home. Details, sent 1-6-10 recieved back 1-20-10....super...check's in mail Phil.
    [​IMG]

7. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

They did great job on a gun for me last year. I don't know how it could have been any better.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
glenrock blue turnaround time

glenrock blueing

glenrock bluing
phils guns glenrock