1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glenrock Blue-SOS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

We have all heard what a great job Phil Filer does on blueing and metalwork. Well the beat goes on out there in Wyoming. I rescued a M12 Super X duck gun from a local pawn shop for a very resonable price. Mainly because some prior owner had used an electro-pencil to engrave his name on one side and some ducks on the other. Phil removed all of that and reblued it better than new. An old friend of mine made a comment about good sheetmetal and metal workers some years ago while we were getting a damaged airliner ready to ferry home. " They are not mechanics you know; they are really more like artists". That certainly applies to Phil and his people. Thanks again; Bill H.

2. shrek

shrek Active Member

yes!!!

they do outstanding work at Glenrock Blue

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Anyone ever have them do handguns?????

4. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

They did an old pitted Luger for me and the results were amazing. They truly are professional gunsmiths. Glenn

5. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I assembled a 1911 .45 with parts I collected over a period of 3-4 years. Sent them the gun and told them to clean it up and matt finish blue it. I thought they sent me back the wrong gun...it was beautiful. Nice folks ... great work.

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.