1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glenn Markunas has passed away

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Ranger, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

There is some very sad news to pass along to the western Pennsylvania trapshooting community. Glenn Markunas of Bethel Park and the Library Sportsman's Association died Monday evening. Glenny was only 43 years old and leaves behind him his wife and two small children. Viewing will be held tonight and tomorrow evening at the Henney Funeral Home on Rt. 88.

Glenny was well known around the western Pennsylvania gun clubs, was a formitable AA shooter, winning many events in the area. I am honored to have regularly shot with Glenn, and can't imagine shooting without him. The attached photo shows Glenn in the center of our 2010 Elysburg squad.

Please keep glenny, his wife and children in your prayers.

Will Hartlep
    Old Ranger

oldranger_2008_0303.jpg

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

That is so sad. Martin and I are very sorry for your loss.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Very sad indeed..too young gone ..so much left behind...my condolences to his family

4. Ken@clairton

Ken@clairton TS Member

The Clairton Sportsman Club extends our deepest condolences to the Markunas family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time. Glenn was a true sportsman and will be greatly missed. Ken@Clairton

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Super nice guy who was all ways easy to talk to. Good shooter. He was very close to his family. My heart goes out to the family.

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

Deepest condolences to the family.

Glenn was a great, consistent shooter. He was always good for a 97-100 score in the West Penn League. He definitely pushed me to bring out my best when I shot the league. I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better. Hopefully the league dedicates the season to a past champion.

Ken Frye, Jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.