1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Rock shoot photos/ Sun. Aug 11

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Southpaw Sam, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

How many of these shooters do you recognize? Names & classes won to be posted soon. Sam
    [​IMG]
    Charles Croft-16 yd. class D, & Robert McJilton-16 yd. class B
    [​IMG]
    Dale Heiner- Sr.Vet,16 yd.& Hdcp, Ray Smith-16 yd Class A, Mark Hoover-County 16 yd, Hdcp, & HOA
    [​IMG]
    Joe Fitch-Vet hdcp, George(Chet) Frey-24-27 yd, Joe Gearhart-16 yd, Class C
    [​IMG]
    Kenneth Pearson-21-23 yd., A dbls,& Open HOA, Chris Smith- York County dbls.

2. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

I think the FIRST 2 MAY BE in a "work release" program.....I am not positive!! OH well; every.body got to be someplace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "run'em"

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Good to see all you old fartz again

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I see Chris on the right in the last pic.

5. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

Keep going----soon I"ll only need to add classes won!! Sam

6. Cwcroft58

Cwcroft58 Member

Hey kolarpole, there were 5 of us work release shooters (lol)from Dauphin Co. at the shoot ,and we had a real good time .
    This was our 2nd time there ,great people, nice pleasant place, and we plan ,good Lord willing of course, to be back again. All 5 of us would recommend shooting there to any one that shoots.
    C.W.C.

7. ummie

ummie TS Member

Work Release! Those 2 retired pretty faces in the 1st picture, (Croft/McJilton), both stopped working 5 years prior to retirement. Looks more like the Old Folks Home lost them. I heard they were heading to Sparta, but took a wrong turn and ended up at Glen Rock. Is that boxes of shotgun shells they are holding or bags of sand? Been a few years since I shot at Glen Rock. I also recommend shooting there. Good job guys! You make Upper Dauphin County proud.

8. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

Everyone up to date? Any 'questionable' ID's? I've been known to miss a few!!

In all sincerity, all of us at Glen Rock Shooting Club do our best to put on a shoot that meets the needs of all of our shooting fraternity. We set all of our PAT traps the day of the shoot, and try to keep our equipment in top shape in hopes of eliminating breakdowns during a shoot.

We do welcome any and all suggestions that can improve our club and our shoot programs. We also, very much, appreciate the compliments posted above.

Good shooting to everyone who enjoys our great sport. Hope to see all of you on September 15- for our final shoot of 2013.
    Southpaw Sam

9. Cwcroft58

Cwcroft58 Member

LMBO.. as you can see, ummie is too kind lol. He is a great shooter and a top notch organizer too.He sets up and runs the nonregistered shoots at the Short Mountain conservation club here in Lykens Pa. always prizes and plenty to eat.And good people all around.. OBTW,, hes a top sand bagger too.. ,just thought id add that,, woof. C.W.C.