1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park - TRAPS Flooded - July 3 ATA ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

To our Shooters & Friends:
    Glen Park Izaak Walton, in Merrillville, IN lost power sometime during the night. The power is still out. NIPSCO has advised us that a crew will be sent out to us when they become available.

The traps are flooded. There will be NO shooting today, Saturday July 2nd. As of right now, the ATA shoot scheduled for Sunday, July 3rd is EXTREMELY doubtful. We will be cleaning up today. "IF" we get power on today, and "IF" we can drain the traps, unload the wet targets, let it dry overnight, then MAYBE we can shoot Sunday.

Updates will be made later this afternoon. If you want to call me, try me on my cell: 773-744-1336

Bill Radwan

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

At this point it's still up in the air. Traps have cleaned out, targets have been dried out and fields are being cleaned up. Utility has not come out to store power, so we can't fill the trap houses.
    williammr_2008_030374.jpg

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

The Sunday July 3rd has been CANCELLED. The utility company has no idea when the power will be restored.

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I'm sitting here at the club, all alone. It's very peaceful. Hopefully NIPSCO will be out here SOON.

I'm truly sorry to disappoint our shooters, but we're at the mercy of Nipsco. Once power is restored we can resume normal shooting schedule.

Bill Radwan

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Just got off the phone with NIPSCO. They still have NOT sent out a crew, and they don't know when they will be out. From the sound of the dispatcher, it doesn't look like we'll see a crew till sometime Sunday. We're hoping to be back in business for trap practice this Wednesday.

Bill Radwan

6. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Good luck to you guys.

Would Griffith let you throw there? They throw green.

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Not enough time to even consider that, nor are they equiped to handle an ATA shoot at this time. It would be nice if Griffith could have a few ATA shoots of their own. Maybe once they get some PAT traps this could be a reality.

8. fishguts

fishguts Member

Any potato chips left ??

9. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

I am guessing but about 1:00 am the power went back on.

My theory is this:

Power of one phase was on yesterday - but not the other leg.

The power to the answering machine was off.

If you called on the telephone it would ring and ring with no answering machine pick up.

Last night about 1:00 am the answering machine picked up - so I assume the other leg of the power is up.

But this is just a guess at this point.

Someone needs to go to the Club and check it out this morning....

10. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Roger was going to be there at 9am to get the PAT traps in working condition after being flooded. I am on the way there now.

11. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Power was on when I got there, including main house. East & West traps are ok. Center trap keeps flipping breaker. Roger says it needs to dry out. He will look at Wednesday again.

12. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Having 2 out of 3 isn't bad for today. I am sure we will have all three available by Wednesday. I assume the Trap Houses will be loaded Tuesday or Early on Wednesday.

13. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Traps will be loaded 3:30 Wednesday.

14. fishguts

fishguts Member

From now on, targets will be loaded on the day we are shooting. 3:30pm on wednesday and 9:30am on saturday. If there is NO possibility of rain, storms or litening between shooting days, I may consider loading a 2 day supply. No more 70 or 80 case fill ups while I have any input.

Wayne
    (clerk, counterman, cashier)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.