1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK - Traps Closed Feb. 2nd-Update w/Pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Due the storm that's on it's way, we made an executive decision to NOT open the traps tomorrow, Wednesday Feb. 2nd. We will be open for practice, some fireplace chatter, coffee, maybe some donuts on Saturday, Feb. 5th.

My understanding is that the member's lounge will not be open either.

We do plan on having our snowplowing crew out at the club to clean up the snow after we get dumped on, if at all possible.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park - Merrillville, IN

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

For those that want to monitor the area near the club, try these traffic cams. The club is just off of 61st Avenue. This is supposed to last for 24 hours or thereabouts. Good day to stay home and do some reloading.

3. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

That is correct we will be Closed Wednesday February 2nd, 2011.

No Trapshooting and No Member Lounge Services.

Regular Wednesday Pistol Shooters have already been notified.

It is better to be SAFE and be able to Shoot another day...

Signed,

President and Range Master

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Is the range work party still on schedule for Saturday, as of today?

5. fishguts

fishguts Member

I hope the snowplow crew are okay.....

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I told those guys not to over do it. I don't want to find them them on Saturday frozen behind the wheel. Although, the traphouse is self sufficient if they need to spend the night. I mean, heating, fireplace, refridgerators, coffee, bathroom, kitchen, a toaster, satellite TV, pop, ketchup & mustard, some beer maybe, some peanuts. A home away from home.

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I heard from our snow plow crew around noon today. They think they have everything under control. Unless we get dumped on again before Saturday, we're good to go on Saturday. There's plenty of coffee in the traphouse. We even have a few snow shovels just outside the door if any of our younger shooters would like to use them Saturday morning. Maybe we'll even fire up the snowblower. The first dozen donuts are on me.

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I was just thinking the same thing. I plan to swing by the club Thursday to survey the situation. I'll take some pictures and post them. I'm guessing the worst we'll have is blowing and drifts, I hope.

9. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

You asked for updates and pictures. I Went to the club around noon today. Everything is fine, but we got some snow & drifting. I tried it the old fashion way, shovel. I know, there is one guy that says a $20 will fix everything. I started from the 27 yard line, got up to the 23 yard line on the middle trap, post 2. Since that's my yardage, I called it quits. To my rescue comes Bill Mager. He fires up our 23 year old Toro snowblower. Since it's a working day for me, I left him there early afternoon. At the rate he was going, he might have it cleared out today. If not, it will be cleared by Saturday morning.

However, the parking area near the traps has ice under the snow. For those coming Saturday, if you see we have not cleared the parking area near the traps, please don't park there so we can finish plowing. Knowing Bill Mager, he might have that done as I write.

Many thanks to Bill Mager & Steve King for doing a fine job of plowing from the gate, the parking lot and to the traphouse.

For you pistol shooters, the steps are clear too.

I'll have all the pictures posted to our Facebbok page later, early evening.

Bill Radwan
    williammr_2008_030335.jpg

williammr_2008_030336.jpg

williammr_2008_030337.jpg

williammr_2008_030338.jpg

williammr_2008_030339.jpg

williammr_2008_030340.jpg

williammr_2008_030341.jpg

williammr_2008_030342.jpg

williammr_2008_030343.jpg

williammr_2008_030344.jpg

williammr_2008_030345.jpg

10. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

So far - So good...

I am glad to see this being done. I have been busy with Chicago's OEMC on getting manpower and equipment to them. In my spare time I had our development homes' driveways and sidewalks cleared.

In answer to the Pistol Range BackStop - I have it Scheduled for Saturday, February 12th, 2011 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please bring work gloves so you don't cut your hands to pieces from the bullet shrapnel lodged in the Rubber Backstop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.