1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park (NW IN) ATA - 9/4/11 Program & Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville (NW Indiana), will host our next ATA shoot on Sunday, September 4th. The program (click on above), consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. ------- Shooting starts at 9 am. ------ Breakfast is available at 7:30 am, with squadding and registration at 8 am. Lunch & shells are available also. You can pre-squad in person at the traphouse Wednesday night or Saturday during the day, or call the traphouse at 219-942-3133 on those days.

Just a reminder, if this will be your first shoot of the new ATA year (beginning September 1), make sure you have your new ATA Average Card, or a receipt that you are paid for the new year. You can also pay your dues at our shoot, $20 for adults & $12 for Juniors & Sub-Juniors.

As noted, shooters will take the line at 9 am.

The $100 Bounty is still on in the Singles & Doubles (we’ve had a long drought in the Bounty). And the $500 Bounty is in force in the Handicap event.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Squads #2 & #3 for the singles event are open. If you need a spot, text or email me.

Bill Radwan: 773-744-1336

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

up for those interested

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Squads # 2 & #3 of the singles are still empty. Those that will be shooting should be prepared to classify and be on the line by 9 am.

5. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

At least the sun is not in your eyes...

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Bill Anderson after running the singles today, and will split the bounty with Rich Haltek
    [​IMG]

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

And here is Rich Haltek after his 100 straight in today's singles
    [​IMG]

8. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Great Job of running the 100 straight.

Congratulations!

9. dirk

dirk Member

A couple of handsome gentlemen.......................

10. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

That wasn't the way I was looking at it, but now that I look at them again, .......

But they were compensated for their skills. I'm sure they were shooting to impress us with their shooting abilities, not just their good looks. And I would have thought they weren't in it for the money. We do have a standing policy that says you can refuse to take the $100 Bounty, but neither of them came forward. Go figure.

While I'm at it, we did have a good shoot. The weather was near perfect, the targets were perfect, squads moved at a good pace, Roger Hall & Bill Mager made sure the equipment did it's job & loaded the machines, scorers did great (thanks to Sam), breakfast & lunch hit the spot (thanks Debbie), and I can't omit my wife who ran the cashiering (without her I couldn't shoot). And I need to thank Steve King who didn't shoot but kept the machine loaded with targets. Everybody involved did a great job.

We had 39 shooters in the singles. There were two 100 straights. There were two 99s. Looks like Wayne Meyers coming back to form, and I'm sure Bill Mager will get that 100 straight at our next shoot. We had three 98s, including a senior vet who keeps wailing on me every shoot.

We had 38 shooters in the handicap. The cast was led by Rich Haltek with a 98 (1 yard punch), George Krach with a 97 (1 yard punch) and Greg Monnett (.5 yard complimentary punch). 23 shooters scored a 90 or better in the handicap. I'm guessing the targets were really good. I've always said that if your handicap score starts with a 9, you've had a good day.

The doubles was a good turnout also, with 22 shooters. Kudos to Tom Strabavy who shot a personal best of 97. He was followed by some highlights of, a 95 by Tom Antczak, George Krach with a 94 and Wayne Meyers with a 93.

There were 21 shooters shooting for the HOA. Both Tom Antczak & George Krach scored a 286, but Tom had the long run. Of course, all we have for the HOA is a pat on the back.

Bill Radwan

11. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Wait a minute - I just realized who DIRK really is - I think his is a biased opinion.

The scores have been sent to the ATA & to Trap & Field. The results & money payouts will be up as soon as the ATA posts them to our ATA webpage. The option payout checks to the shooters will go out in Tuesdays mail.

Bill Radwan

12. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Click on the above link to the ATA website for the score results, and the money payouts.

Bill Radwan

13. Frizz

Frizz Member

Thanks to Bill and his wife for all the hard work they do to run the shoots and also to all the other people that keep every thing working.You all do a very good job.

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.