1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK Nat'l Trapshooting Day - ATA - Sept. 19

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

GLEN PARK Nat

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville (NW Indiana), will host its 3rd Annual National Trapshooting Day Shoot on Sunday, September 19th. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. Summer hours are in effect. Shooting starts at 9 am. Breakfast is available at 7:30 am, with squadding and registration at 8 am. Pre-squadding is available in person at the traphouse, the Wednesday evening and Saturday before the shoot (or call Roger, the trap manager, to presquad at 219-406-0759 on Wednesday or Saturday). Shamrock Leather trophies will be given out. Check out the complete program at the ATA website by clicking on the link above.

The $100 Straight Bounty is in effect for the Singles & Doubles events for this shoot, as well as the $500 Straight Handicap Bounty.

At our last shoot held on September 5th, we had only one shooter who collected the 100 straight Bounty, in the Singles event. We still have never had a shooter collect the Handicap 100 Straight Bounty. This would be a good time for someone to come forward.

As usual, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to email me at the above address (drop XXXs)

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

How 'bout YOU stepping forward and collect the $500..??

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I did feel good the last shoot, targets were coming right to me. Especially after I psyched out the other shooters. But I'm no Leo (although we do look alike).

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

Leo Schmeedy,...the guy that runs the pool hall on Main Street?

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Just a reminder - for today. And looking from the presquad sheet, it looks like some good shooters coming. And more than our fair share of 27 yard shooters. I think they feel they have a shot at that $500 Handicap Bounty. But we think of it like Vegas, and we're the house.

6. Who's next

Who's next Member

the band has been lifted on the two michigan shooters so myself [rick] will be coming down along with matt and todd to see all the boys and have a good time. i hear they put on a great shoot.

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Great. That keeps our shooters on their toes, and looking over their shoulders.

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

I'm just going so I can see Wayne break 100 straight in the singles! I heard he buy's everyone a round afterwards. Or maybe that was Roger.

Matt Ski

9. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

This is a lot of pressure on Wayne I know he's just sitting back & reading this, or maybe he doesn't read the threads within 72 hours of a shoot?

10. fishguts

fishguts Member

Mr.Radwan, What Pressure?...it's all fun and games,..that is, until someone looses an eye.

Lots of good shooters in all the classes, and remember that the Michigan gang shoots AAA class, that'll be a first for the club. Put Frankie Bentley III in with them also. Maybe Gesky, Haltek, Wagner,etc.,all of 'em.....GEEE,I'll be the only one in A class.

Good shootin' to everyone....

Wayne(I'll be using nickel plated sixes)Meyers

11. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Well, top class will be "A" so you'll be in good company. Next year I think I'll have to set up at least "AA" class. But you'd be in "AA" class anyway. You're just too hot (nothing personal).

12. fishguts

fishguts Member

Your not going to embaress Matt and Tod by putting them in A class are you?...

Wayne

13. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Thats all we have - they will just have to stoop to our level. But next year, with all this talent, I will consider AA class.

14. fishguts

fishguts Member

They won't shoot A class, they will probably scratch.

w

15. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Well good luck to everyone tomorrow.

The President

16. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Just ran to Wal-Mart and bought a roll of duct tape. With all this "talk up" I had to wrap some around my head to make sure it doesn't swell up anymore than it already is!

Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.