1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park-July 5th ATA Shoot (Bounty Changes)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park in Merrillville, IN will host an ATA shoot on July 5th. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, 50 Pair Doubles. Shooting starts at 9am. Breakfast is available at 7:30am, with squadding and registration at 8am.

Note that this is our 2nd shoot this year with the above hours. These hours will continue through our October shoot. The goal is to get shooters out at a reasonable hour.

For this shoot, we are going to modify the 100 Straight Bounty. As you can see in the program posted on the ATA website, the Bounty has not changed for the Singles & Doubles events. You run them, and collect $100, ties divide.

For the Handicap event, we are offering a Bounty of $500 if you run 100 straight. Ties will shoot off. Our goal is to offer this Bounty for future shoots. We'll have to see how the July shoot works out.

For info, email me (drop XXX's), send a PM, or check out the program at the ATA website above. Comments, questions and inquiries are welcome.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

Bill, strange thing I got in the mail today. I got a reduction from 27yds. to 20yds. See ya' at the July shoot...hee hee hee.

Mr.Smoke aka El Diablo aka Mr.500........

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Up for those that missed the program. And for those at the club that stated the $500 Bounty is "Their's", come and get it.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Nice shoot. Bill, the shoot coordinator & the Range Manager introduced themselves. I met so many people, I can't remember their names. Great people, the sun shone on targets all day, but there was plenty of shade when not shooting. Targets were georgous. Full range of shooters. Very nice wooded setting with plenty of room for parking. I had a great time. Ate lunch twice. Try it, you'll like it.

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Joe,

You're too kind. We just try to run a shoot as if we were the shooters. You noted it was an organized shoot. It was more like organized chaos, but usually no one on the other side of the counter notices.

I'll send you those files I mentioned when I get the work done tonight, or Monday. And I checked your scores, still NO change.

As I tell people, we do have a unique setting to shoot. I posted some pictures on the thread with club pictures a week or so ago.

Looking forward for your return visit. Already you fit in like family. Too much to talk about, not enough time.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton - Merrillville, IN

7. joe kuhn

Bill,

When you hear things like, "We just try to run a shoot as if we were the shooters", you know it will be good.

It might feel like chaos to you, but in the end you get there with scores posted in a timely manner, money handed out fairly. Your shoot is very well run. Funny you said your shooters make sure it's so. That's the kind of open discussion that makes it all work. It did feel like a family of shooters. At a slow point somebody yells out - are we here to shoot or gab? Then things got moving again. Good give and take...

I had an interesting discussion with your range manager about target colors. Our club has settled on full orange just like you. He said green works, but only in winter. Makes sense.

I just can't figure out the name. Why "Glen Park" and who was Izaak Walton? Your club has been around awhile. Must be some history to it.

Learned some interesting details about data behind the scenes. Thanks Bill.

Joe

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Joe,

Has your email changed recently? I sent you some files but got rejected. Email me (drop XXX's) so I can send you the files we talked about.

Glen Park is the name of the neighborhood. Just like Chicago has a name for different parts of the city. We are the local chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America. For extra credit, you can read about Izaak Walton at the above link.

Bill Radwan

9. joe kuhn

I'll have to do my extra credit work tonight. Email sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.