1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK***INDIANA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Anyone know if the Sunday Sept-2 will be a go . The club got hit hard by rain and wind a week or so ago had lost the electric .

Thank You

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Actually, we did get hit hard. Power is not restored, yet. I was told Monday that the crews will be at the club Wednesday, and should be completed by Thursday night. As it stands right now, we are planning on holding the shoot as scheduled. Of course, things can go wrong, but we've been told we should expect power by the end of the week.

We had considered canceling the shoot. I was prepared to mail out cards today, but the contractor felt confident we will have full power for the shoot.

The storm that came through the club on the 15th knocked down numerous trees, and a utility pole, ripped power lines, plus crushed the front gate. On the bright side, we have more room for parking near the traphouse.

The program will be the usual: 100 singles, 100 handicap & 50 pair of doubles. We continue to shoot 100 per trap, four sub events. The first three squads take the line at 9 AM.

I'll update this post later in the week on the status of the repairs. Before I forget, the club would like to thank all the shooters that came out on the 18th to shoot practice, but stuck around to help with the cleanup.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park Izaak Walton

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

For those interested - Contractors will NOT be at the club today. They will be there all day Thursday & Friday. Again, I'm assured that power will be restored for our ATA shoot this Sunday.

Also, although there is no power, we will run the traps tonight off of portable generators. So there will be trap practice today for those interested.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park Izaak Walton

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Update on Glen Park power outage:

I stopped by the club early this evening. The utility pole is up. The contractor will wire it up Friday. We should have power back on by late Friday afternoon.

The only thing that will be out is phone service to the main house. Anyone that wants to presquad can call me while I'm at the club Saturday: 773-744-1336

Or you can reach me Sunday morning on my cell at the club.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park Izaak Walton

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

UP - Power has been fully restored to the club. Practice on Saturday & ATA on Sunday.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park Izaak Walton

6. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

So How Many Squads - Shot Sunday?

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

We had 47 in the singles, 42 in handicap & 17 in doubles. There were lots of high scores, with on 99 in singles. A new ATA shooter shooting his first registered shoot shot a 98 from the 20 yard line.

Everything went smoothly. We finished up before 5 PM. And we all got along, which was rare.

Bill Radwan

8. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

p.s. superdog1 put a whoopin on his dad. beat him in singles, and handicap.
    he did whoop me in doubles- but i had to let him win something!

great club, good place to shoot

tom

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

superdog1 The old man let you win he told me he has to once or twice a year . Also he was not shooting HIS gun and you only got one more target them him .

10. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

that may be true- but i did whoop him 2/3 events at wallace the next day--- with his trusty pizza gun in hand. If he keeps letting me win- he will have to get a new shirt printed up for me!

11. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

If you really want to put him in his place, run them, collect the $100. He hasn't been able to do that at our club. I think we are a jinx for him.

12. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

ThaT is my plan next registered. i brought the wrong flat of shells this week- shot heavy handicaps from the 16 yd- still broke 98! usually shoot 1oz from their. reloading now to put the whoopin on him next time- maybe by then he will have forgotten about the seitz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.