1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park FALL Shoot (ATA) - Oct. 3rd

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville (NW Indiana), will host its 5th Annual Fall Shoot on Sunday, October 3rd (an ATA shoot). The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. This will be our last shoot this year where summer hours will be in effect (we start an hour later in Nov.). Shooting starts at 9 am. Breakfast is available at 7:30 am, with squadding and registration at 8 am. Pre-squadding is available in person at the traphouse, the Wednesday evening and Saturday before the shoot (or call Roger, the trap manager, to presquad at 219-406-0759 on Wednesday or Saturday).

For those of you going to the Fulton County Gun Club for the 24th annual Tippecanoe Valley Championships this weekend, look me up and I can take presquad notes.

We will have trophies (money clips, belt buckles, shooter steins) from Tilden Trophies. Check out the complete program at the ATA website by clicking on the link above.

The $100 Straight Bounty is in effect for the Singles & Doubles events for this shoot, as well as the $500 Straight Handicap Bounty.

At our last shoot on Sept. 19, our 3rd annual National Trapshooting Day Shoot, we had two shooters who collected the 100 straight Bounty, in the Singles event. We still have never had a shooter collect the Handicap 100 Straight Bounty. But George Butkovic came close with a 97 at our last shoot.

Our Illinois shooters do get a pass to attend the Downers Grove shoot this weekend. This just gives us better odds.

As usual, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to email me at the above address (drop XXXs)

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

Name the 100 straight shooters, Bill.....nevermind, I will. Matt Krizinski from Michigan and Abdulla S. Hofenmeyer from Uzbeckestan each broke 100 in the singles, Abdulla lost the honors in a shootoff, he missed the second target when Matt threw sand in his eyes.

Wayne

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

OK, I was trying to be politically correct here. But since you outed yourself, yes you did run them in the singles. But for you, thats just another notch (I lost count). And so what if you had a long run of 1 vs Matt's long run of 9 in the carryover to the handicap. Did I ever mention to you that you need more handicap practice?

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

I don't need practice....I need real. Practice what exactally? I put 12 washers under my comb to shoot a little higher, I'm flat...(thats what she said).

Wayne

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

OK. Then I want you in the special event at Fulton. Last year my wife was in a bidding situation with Devon, but she didn't have enough money. I figure she could afford you.

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

I'm staying out of that one!

Matt Ski

7. fishguts

fishguts Member

I could shoot better if you would stop running up to me every 5 minutes and telling me "you got your work cut out for you now" or "so snd so's here, you better step it up". Why is it always me who needs to step up?...where are you?

$10 Shooter

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I presquadded a few shooters for this shoot earlier this week. All these guys are on the first wave of singles, and the first wave of handicap:

Eric from Three Oaks, MI - Chris from Michigan City, IN - Tony from LaPorte, IN

Bill Radwan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.