1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park Doubles League Starts 5/22

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Do you need some doubles practice? Or do you want to show off what you've got? Glen Park Izaak Walton, in Merrillville, IN will start the Spring Doubles League this Saturday, May 22nd. The league consists of 500 targets over 10 weeks, to be shot on Saturdays only. The entry fee is $10 to be used for awards or trophies. Those interested should contact Wayne Meyers at the club. Inquiries are welcome on this thread. The club opens at 10 am starting this Saturday.

Bill Radwan

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Saturday's forecast is for mostly sunny, in the mid 70s. This should be near perfect for excellent target presentation for the start of the Doubles League. Wayne Meyers will be available for those needing pointers & tips on the doubles (no charge).

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

Thanks for the plug Bill...I can offend people on my own, I don't need any help from you.

To those who read this thread: entry fee is $10. Fees are returned to the shooters in form of cash awards based on the Lewis system. Two groups 60-40, each returning three places, 50-30-20. Right now we have 18 shooters but are looking for more. If we get more shooters the Lewis may expand to three groups, 50-30-20. Its good fun and good practice. Come out Saturday morning, bring $10 and sign up, even Mr. Radwan will be trying his hand at the doubles.

Wayne Meyers

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Wayne - I will be shooting only the doubles Saturday. I intend on shooting them till either my shoulder gives up or I can break in the 90s. I can set up a tip can on the doubles trap for you, if you share the secrets of your doubles success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.