1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park Big 50 -----9/7/11 ----- Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Not that anyone is reading these scores, but here they are anyway:
    [​IMG]

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

I'm watching Bill, you did a fantastic job,...next week I'm not shooting from the hip.

Wayne

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Bill,

Looks like you are on your way to 200 straight!

Wayne,
    Did you shoot left handed?

Matt Ski

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

It was a perfect night to shoot, a little cool and a blue sky. Maybe it was the almost full moon? We had a lot of shooters (Wayne - 99 rounds for a Wednesday night), which made it a night of socializing, and I wasn't thinking of my shooting. Less than two weeks for the Tippy shoot and I'm feeling the pressure.

I don't worry about Wayne on a Big 50 night, but he is all over me on our ATA Sunday shoots. If he ever gets his handicap game together, I'll be toast.

5. trap-guy

trap-guy Member

Bill, Good shooting. Couldn't get three for Wed. night in Indy.(rain & wind)

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

Thanks for the motivation Bill, you'll never break more targets than me on wednesday nite again....

Wayne

7. fishguts

fishguts Member

Bill, since nobody wanrs to shoot handicap Big 50 on wednesday, let's shoot doubles next time. Maybe three shooters will want to get off 16 yard singles for a while. I know it's a big step for most of 'em, but maybe 3 would have the nuts, you never know.....

Wayne

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Were you lurking around the traphouse late this afternoon? Bill and I were discussing this very same thing. I'm not sure I'm ready to go with doubles this Wednesday, but I think I can be ready the following Wednesday. I want to modify the sign in sheet to accommodate all three disciplines.

I'm thinking of eliminating the classes in the singles, and have none for the doubles, and no yardage groups. Because we have so few shooters, I thought I would do just Champion & Runner-Up in all three events. I need feedback on this aspect of it.

As you know, I have to make this as simple as possible, the sign-in I mean. I don't usually get there till 6 or so when I'm working. Bill says he is working mornings now, so he can set the west trap for doubles.

But, we did discuss this today. I don't see the downside of this, except lack of singles shooters (for them to be registered) if there are singles shooters. It would be a whole new experience, shooting doubles under the lights.

9. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

Do you guys shoot the big 50 every Wed Night? Do you have any room for more shooters? If so can you email me. Eric

10. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Eric,
    We started the Big 50 on January 1st of this year, every Wednesday night. It was an experiment. We thought we would get a big turnout, but not to be. I think the most shooters we had on a Big 50 night (Wednesday) was 11. Strange but we were getting more shooters during the winter months than in the summer. We manage to get at least 3 for the singles, but the handicap has not materialized. Matter of fact, we get less than 3 usually, which means we can't register the targets, so they become practice.

Yes, we can handle more shooters. But the hours on Wednesdays are from 5 pm to 8:30 pm, and if there are no shooters by 8 pm we start to shut down.

There isn't much more to tell you. We charge $8.00 for each event of 50, plus $1.50 ATA fee & $1.00 ITA fee. If you need more info, PM me, or email me (drop XXXs).

Bill Radwan

11. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

thanks I will try to make it Wednesday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.