1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park Big 50 -- 2/15 SCRUBBED - but NEW PATs

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by WilliamMR, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Ikes in Merrillville, IN will have it's big 50 shoot tonight. We offer 50 singles, 50 handicap & 25 pair doubles. Cost is $8.50 per event, plus $1.50 ATA daily fee & $1.00 ITA daily fee. We're not quite ready for a Jr. / Sub. Jr. discount, but we're working out the details for our next Big 50.

We'll have a slight hitch tonight. We will be running only two traps. Our SW PATs have found a home, in Kentucky. This came up suddenly, Monday. The plan is to remove the west trap this afternoon. After we finish shooting tonight, we'll remove the east trap. If all goes according to schedule, we'll have two new PATs in the houses for Saturday morning.

So pardon our dust tonight, or mud if it rains. If anyone wants to stick around after shooting tonight, we could use some help. You guys 70 and over can stick around, but supervise only. Ask for Bill Mager if you want to help.

Bill Radwan

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

No scores to post from this shoot, as it was scrubbed due to a lack of shooters. We didn't have enough shooters for scores to be registered. but give Way extra credit, and a pat on the back. He was the only BIG 50 shooter, and he ran the singles with a 50. Personally, I think when the other guys saw his scores, they were scared off. Great score Wayne, but . . . .

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

On the bright side, the low turnout of shooters gave us an opportunity to work on our PAT traps. We (Bill Mager, Steve King & Matt Ficht - I watched) started at 5 pm. They were able to remove the west trap. Then when shooting stopped on the east trap, remove that trap and install a new PAT. When we stopped shooting for the night, they moved the center trap to the west, and installed anther new PAT in the center. They were done by 8 pm. I was impressed, especially since it had started to rain, and the fields were muddy. Great idea of Bill to rent that lift for inside the houses.

And, as of this morning, our old PATs, SW models, are on their way to their new home in Kentucky.

I think we will celebrate our new PATs this Saturday. Bill Mager has them all hooked up. We just need some fine tuning before we start shooting Saturday.

Thanks guys
    Bill Radwan

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

Sounds good, can't wait to see the doubles.....I even got a new O/U to help celebrate.

Wayne

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

dare I say we celebrate with ----- pizza ----- (don't tell anyone).

6. Frizz

Frizz Member

Wayne did you buy the double's gun that was marked down in the gun rack?

George

7. fishguts

fishguts Member

No Frizz....private party.

Wayne

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Thanks to all the shooters who came out to celebrate putting our two new PAT traps in service today. Unfortunely, we were not ready with the west trap. But we threw 3,000 targets over the two new PATs in just about 3 hours, and things went smoothly.

And how about Wayne M. running the first 25 straight on one of the new PATs. Bill M. could have done it had he not dropped his last target. But tagets were great, especially the doubles in the wind.

And it was fun to watch the feeding frenzy when the pizza came. I think I have redeemed myself with the pizza issue, there were leftovers.

Bill Radwan

9. Frizz

Frizz Member

Yes, Bill all was good.But I owe you money. I made it home with out paying for 3 rounds.

George

10. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Again. The girls tracked down the shortage. Just don't leave town.

11. fishguts

fishguts Member

I would like the OK from the G.P.I.W. Trap Manager to form a spring "HANDICAP LEAGUE". It would consist of 250 "handicap" targets from THE 18 YARD LINE. $10 entry fee....winner take all. HAHAHAHA....18 yard handicap league....

Who's in??

Wayne

12. Frizz

Frizz Member

See your other post. I will just send the money to you Wayne.It will save a lot of time.

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.