1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park ATA Shoot May 6, 2007

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WilliamMR, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton (Merrillville, IN) will have its monthly ATA shoot this Sunday, May 6th. Program starts at 10AM, with breakfast at 8:30AM (Biscuits & Gravy Only) and signups & classification at 9AM. The program is 100 singles, 100 handicap & 50 pair doubles. Lunch & shells will be available also.

The $100 for 100 straight Bounty (for each event-ties split) will still be offered by our sponsor & neighbor, Mike Anderson Chevrolet. Jerry Wall is the only one to collect this year, at last month's shoot, in the singles.

If you need info, email me (drop XXX's)

Bill Radwan

2. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Hmmmm..... $ 100 bucks
    Might be worth the drive....

Hope you have a great turnout, I enjoyed shooting there in he past

Dennis Whitlock

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Dennis

As I recall, you cleaned house when you shot with us. I was trying to convince our BOD to up the bounty for the handicap to $200, but no go. I mean, what are the odds?

But since we started the bounty with our January 2006 shoot, we've had 4 shooters run them in the singles.

I suspect someone will run them again this Sunday. Winds are projected to be under 10 mph, the trees are starting to blossom, and its going to be in low 70's. Ideal conditions.

But, if you're ever back in our area, stop in to shoot, and I'll pop for lunch.

Bill Radwan

4. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Wow... the chance to win a $ 100 bucks and a FREE lunch.

I promise next time i get that way i will stop in and try to beat you guys out of something again. There are a couple clubs around here that have a $200 prize for 100 in handicaps, they are few and far between. I think that draws some of the shooters especially with the rising cost of components-gas etc.
    I keep thinking I will slip up there again sometime and shoot, but everytime you have a shoot, seems like i have one within a few miles. This weekend we have the Missouri western zone shoot just 20 miles from my house.

So has the $ 100 bounty brought in more shooters?

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Part of the reasoning behind the $100 bounty was to get more shooters. The other reason was to give something to our regular shooters, if they were up to the challenge. If anything, it does stir up the competition.

Bill Radwan

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

7. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

So did anyone do it today?

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Gary,

Nope. The wind was playing havoc with the targets. But we did have a pair of 99's in singles, followed by 4 98's and so forth (48 shooters). The high in handicap was a 96, followed by a 95 (44 shooters). In the doubles, we had a pair of 96's and then I forget (22 shooters).

Too much pressure on the guys. Or, they were laying low in anticipation the Northern Zone Shoot this coming weekend at Fulton.

If you'll be at the club Saturday, it will be easy to get on a squad as many of the guys will be at Fulton.

Bill Radwan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.