1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park ATA Shoot March 7, 2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville, IN will host its 1st ATA shoot of 2010 on Sunday, March 7th. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. Shooting starts at 10 am. Breakfast is available at 8:30 am, with squadding and registration at 9 am. Pre-squadding is available in person at the traphouse, the Wednesday evening and Saturday before the shoot. Check out the complete program at the ATA website by clicking on the link above.

The $100 Straight Bounty is in effect for all three events, for this shoot, plus April 18th. The $500 Straight Handicap Bounty will be in effect May though November shoots.

The target fees have not changed from 2009, still at $20 per 100. We’ve also reduced the 50s option to $10 for two 50’s. Maybe this will entice you Lewis players to try you hand at the 50s this year.

Shooters should also note that our April shoot has been changed from our traditional first Sunday of the month to the third Sunday. Since that would have been Easter Sunday, we changed it to the 18th, to allow shooters and volunteers to spend Easter with their families.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Our program is also listed on the Indiana Trapshooters Association website, along with info on the other clubs in Indiana. Click on the above and check out the ITA website.

3. 3on8

3on8 Member

I'll be there!

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I can't make it but nice club and nice bunch of guys.

Dave Eberhart

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Dave,

I'll give you the same deal as I do to others. If you're feeling guilty, don't. But if you really are, you can send money to ease your conscience. It would be like if you were actually here.

Bill Radwan

6. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Ha, ha. Have fun.

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Are your events open until the last squad takes the line? Is there a practice trap avail. during the shoot? Cost for practice? Are shells avail. for purchase?

Rich in Indiana

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Events are open right up to the end, as long as it doesn't disrupt the harmony of the shoot. With only 3 traps, and all used for the program, there is no practice available. Yes, we have shells.

Bill Radwan

9. fishguts

fishguts Member

Bill, who do you have lined up as your "ringer" this year?

Wayne

10. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I want to be the ringer - I deserve it

11. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Good luck to all you guys. Hope you have a great shoot!

Regards,
    Matt

12. trapboy8769

trapboy8769 TS Member

was a great day at the shoot today. got by with just a little rain through the day, but the shoot went smoothly and had a good day.
    Matt

13. fishguts

fishguts Member

Nice day and a good shoot. Funniest thing I heard was when the gold $1700 trigger broke a hammer and the guy said, "I have to get another one for a back-up".

Wayne

14. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Wayne - Thats down right nasty. I also heard that someone "could have" taken that $50 gold piece from you. I hope you're looking over your shoulder. We should put that gold up for the HOA, and have shooters hold on to it till they lose it. Like a traveling trophy.

15. fishguts

fishguts Member

I will give you the coin so you can give it out to the HOA's. Now you will have to shoot all 3 events, even if it's raining.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.