1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK - ATA June 6th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville, IN will host its June ATA shoot on Sunday, June 6th. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. Summer hours are in effect. Shooting starts at 9 am. Breakfast is available at 7:30 am, with squadding and registration at 8 am. Pre-squadding is available in person at the traphouse, the Wednesday evening and Saturday before the shoot (or call Roger, the trap manager, to presquad at 219-406-0759 on Wednesday or Saturday). Check out the complete program at the ATA website by clicking on the link above.

The $100 Straight Bounty is in effect for the Singles & Doubles events for this shoot. The $500 Straight Handicap Bounty is back for this shoot.

At our last shoot on May 2nd we had an exceptional crowd, with some exceptional scores. It looks like some shooters have zeroed in on the $100 Bounty in the singles at our last shoot, three of them to be exact. On the heels of the 100 straights in the singles were five 99s and six 98s. We’d love to see someone run them in the doubles event, as it has never been done at our club. And we’d love to see someone do it in the handicap event. That would be a thrill to watch.

Pre-squadding is highly recommended for our shooters traveling a distance. But with our start time an hour earlier, hopefully we can finish at a decent hour. As usual, if you have comments or questions, feel free to email me at the above address (drop XXXs). Or, look me up at Fulton County Gun Club this weekend (Sunday & Monday) for additional info.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Just one (1) week from today...

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Up for the Weekend

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

Sunday is June 6th.....D-DAY, in honor of veterans everywhere, I'm breaking 100. Anybody eles?.....anyone?....anyone?....Buehler?...Buehler?...??????

Wayne Meyers

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Bold statement. Or just trying to stir the pot?

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Out of the three hundred I bet Wayne does break 100. Heck, he'll probably break 200!

Sorry, couldn't resist, lol.

Matt

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

OK, I was skeptical. But Wayne did run them in the Singles Event, along with a "ringer" we had to import from Illinois (Joel Gesky) to give Wayne some competition.

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Wow, Wayne is truly a man of his words!

Good shooting.

Matt Ski

9. fishguts

fishguts Member

.....now if I could only win that "coin flip".

Wayne

10. fishguts

fishguts Member

Wait a minute Bill, you forgot to mention that YOU ran 100 in the singles also..good shootin !!

Question: how do I practice winning a coin flip?

Wayne

11. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

That coin flip required some serious thought process & high level consultations. It would be easier if we just had two 100 straights in the singles. And I would be proud to be one of the two with you. Then I would make sure you won the coin flip, as I know you're in it for the money. Me? I just want to run one every once in a while to prop up my ego. Too much pressure if you run them more than once in a year. Now everyone expects YOU to run them next month. That would be three in a row? Lots of pressure.

And was my ringer up to your standards? I mean, prior to the singles, all Joel kept saying was that he hasn't picked up a gun since our Fall Trophy Shoot last October. Oh yeah, he ran the singles back then too. I can look for a less qualified ringer, but, someone like Joel can raise you to a higher standard.

Any predictions for next shoot? It might be too easy for you since its on the 4th and all your competition might be grilling someplace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.