1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK - ATA - July 4th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville, IN will host its July ATA shoot on Sunday, July 4th. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. Summer hours are in effect. Shooting starts at 9 am. Breakfast is available at 7:30 am, with squadding and registration at 8 am. Pre-squadding is available in person at the traphouse, the Wednesday evening and Saturday before the shoot (or call Roger, the trap manager, to presquad at 219-406-0759 on Wednesday or Saturday). Check out the complete program at the ATA website by clicking on the link above.

The $100 Straight Bounty is in effect for the Singles & Doubles events for this shoot. The $500 Straight Handicap Bounty is back for this shoot.

At our last shoot on June 6th, we had three shooters who claimed the $100 Bounty in the singles (they split the $100). This was the 2nd consecutive shoot where three shooters ran the singles event. What are the odds this can happen again at our July shoot? And we’d love to see someone do it in the handicap event. That would be a thrill to watch.

Pre-squadding is highly recommended for our shooters traveling a distance, and those wanting to get home early for a cookout. But with our 9 am start time, we should be able to finish at a decent hour. As usual, if you have comments or questions, feel free to email me at the above address (drop XXXs).

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Will there be AAA classification for Wayne?

Matt Ski

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

No. But Wayne has a self imposed mental handicap. He has stated that he will do what Babe Ruth did in Wrigley Field. He plans to point his finger out to the trap field, indicating he plans to run the singles event. And I have witnesses to that effect. Lots of pressure on him to run the Singles Event for a third month in a row.

4. pullbangloss

Jimmie Johnson, LA Lakers, New York Yankees, New England Patriots, Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Wayne Myers.

All dynastys in my book!

Matt Ski

5. fishguts

fishguts Member

Bill, believe this or not....I got a phone call Monday around 1pm regarding this from an unhappy club member....too much to put in an email, next time I see you I'll tell you what was said. Apparently we all need to shut up, this is serious business. Never mention any straights or good shoots you've had...you know, be more humble.

Matt, we only have AAA class when you and Todd come in...Bill will gladly stamp AAA on your ticket.

Wayne M.

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Unhappy Club Member? Tell me you're just putting me on. I can't imagine any club member getting so upset to waste a phone call on you. But, the whole purpose of this thread is to get some attention - mission accomplished. I want names.

7. fishguts

fishguts Member

Unhappy club member, hard to believe isn't it?....I don't think the unhappyone has a computer, too dumb to run it.

8. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Names !!!!!

9. fishguts

fishguts Member

I can't put the name on here...then I'll get another a phone call, then I'll go nuts!!!!

W.M.

10. pullbangloss

Wayne,

I'm always humbled when I shoot against the boys at Glen Park, lol.

Matt Ski

11. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

There's room for a substitute ringer. My #1 ringer, Joel Gesky, can't make it the July 4th shoot. It's just not right that Wayne collect all that money by himself.

12. fishguts

fishguts Member

What about you Bill,..you are a ringer.

13. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Wayne

I don't qualify under the definition of a ringer. However, I did get a substitute ringer. I ran into CG today coming out of the health club, and he asked me to presquad him for Sunday. He says he didn't shoot too good Thursday night. Something about his partner not holding up his end. Anyway, I checked his record, and he has one more straight than you this year (at other clubs). I hope he'll keep you honest this shoot.

Bill Radwan

14. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

For those that want to presquad for this shoot, I'll be at the club Saturday. Give me a call, leave a message if I don't answer as I might be shooting.

Bill Radwan +++++++++ 773-744-1336 (cell)

15. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Last call before the shoot.

SpeedyWho - I did squad you on squad #2 (1st wave out), post 4 in the singles, but did not squad you on the handicap as I didn't know your yardage.

Bill Radwan

16. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

OK. Looks like it might be a light shoot. I'm guessing many shooters opted to grill out. I believe there are only 3 squads of doubles signed up with a few openings.

17. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Well, the shoot is history. One more notch for Wayne Meyers. Although I was a bit skeptical due to the pressure, Wayne ran the 16's again, third month in a row. But, he had to split the $100 Bounty with Tom Antczak who also ran them. I'm guessing Tom has lost count on his straights, but because is early in his career, he can still count his straights on his fingers. Oops, now he has to start using his toes.

Good job Wayne. Some day I'll grow up and be like you. And, don't blame me on the coin flip. I thought for sure your buddy Jason would just turn his back to me when he flipped the coin, and tell me you won the flip, but he has too much integrity. He owes you one.

I think I'll cease the call for a ringer, considering this is the third month in a row you lost the coin flip.

18. fishguts

fishguts Member

I see how much pleasure my loosing the coin toss gives you...Smillin' Bill. Jason was pretty happy too. I thought Tom A. would drop a target on purpose for me, he's got hundred's of 100's...I'm walkin' around with a crummy 11....hey, that's my new barrel sticker - Crummy 11.

19. pullbangloss

The heck with AAA classification, Wayne should be AAAA!

Good shooting Wayne! Glad to see you guys had a good shoot.

Matt Ski

20. fishguts

fishguts Member

You're too kind Matt...we had a great shoot with a bunch of new faces, wish they would come every month. Perfect targets with lots of 99's and 98's. I can't figure out how Bill could miss so many?.......Bill, Bill??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.