1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK - ATA - July 29th with Results

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by WilliamMR, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton, located at 5700 S. Mississippi, Merrillville, IN, will host an ATA Shoot on Sunday, July 29, 2012. We will have another shoot on August 5, 2012. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. Note that shooting starts at 10 am, with squading and registration & classification at 9 am in the Main House. Breakfast is available at 8:30 am. Lunch & shells are available also. The cost per 100 targets is $21 plus daily fees: ATA $3 / ITA $2.

Pre-squading is available in person at the traphouse on Wednesday & Saturday before the shoot. You can call the traphouse on Wednesday evening or Saturday during the day at 219-942-3133, or call / text me on my cell at 773-744-1336 or email me.

The $100 Straight Bounty is in effect for the Singles & Doubles events for this shoot, as well as the $500 Straight Handicap Bounty. Since we started the 100 Straight Bounty in January 2006, we have had 42 scores of 100 in the Singles, with Bounty payouts totaling $2,900 (ties divided). To date, no one has collected on the $500 Bounty in the Handicap.

$2 of the $21 entry fee is returned to shooters as added money. We also offer a $10 Lewis in each event, as well as a $10 Yardage purse & $10 50s Option in the Handicap.

For those of you interested in getting additional ATA targets, we offer our Big 50 Program on Wednesday nights 5pm to 8:30pm -- 50 Singles -- 50 Handicap – 25 Pair Doubles: $8.50 per 50 targets ($3 for Jr. & Sub-Jr.) plus $1.50 ATA & $1.00 ITA daily fees. Remaining Big 50 Dates: 7/25, – 8/2 – 9/5, 12, 19, 26 – 10/3, 17 – 11/7, 21 – 12/5, 19.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

williammr_2008_0303152.jpg

2. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

WOW... I wanna come shoot there, just so I can stand in some GREEN Grass... Everything around here is Burnt to a crisp.

3. Frizz

Frizz Member

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Up for the night. And for those concerned, as of this afternoon, the grass is still green.

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

It was a great day to have a registered shoot, although a little warm. Much better than our last one on 7/1/12 when we got rained out after the Singles event. And definitely much better than last year's July shoot when we lost power the day before our July ATA shoot and had to cancel.

I think what made this a good shoot was the shooters themselves. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, meeting with friends they haven't seen for a while. We understand some of our shooters did have other shoots they could have gone to, and we appreciate their support.

I especially want to thank our PAT trap mechanics, Bill Mager & John Decker. We had some issues with our west trap Saturday, an electrical short, but they stayed on the problem till they found it and took care of it. I also want to thank Debbie who handles our kitchen. It's always a good feeling when we start the day with Biscuits & Gravy, and a good lunch to boot. And I can't forget our scorers & loaders. Although they got an unwanted sunburn, they kept us moving.

This was not one of our regular Sundays to shoot, but the date was available. We will still shoot our normal 1st Sunday of the month, next shoot to be August 5th.

Bill Radwan
    williammr_2008_0303154.jpg

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

For those interested, the option payout checks for those shooters who did not collect in cash on Sunday went out this morning. All paperwork for this shoot was emailed to the ATA this morning, and the check to the ATA is in the mail.

Bill Radwan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.