1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glen Park ATA Jan. 9th - Targets Only

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Cabin fever already? Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville, IN will have its next ATA shoot on January 9th. We've brought back out January ATA shoot this year after not shooting January the last two years.

This will be targets only. That means no added money, no options, no money of any kind back to shooters (so don't ask how much you're getting back). So this will be for the hard core shooters, those dumb enough to shoot in less than 30 degree weather, or those that just want to come out and socialize.

The program will be the normal, 100 singles, 100 handicap & 50 pair of doubles. Cost will be $18 per 100 plus $4 ATA/ITA daily fees. The main kitchen will not be open. We'll bring some donuts or pastries for a light (and unhealthy) breakfast. For lunch we'll have hot dogs. All activities will be at the traphouse. This will be a no frills type of day & shoot.

But for those that think they can really shine in this weather, we'll still offer the $100 Straight Bounty in the Singles & Doubles. And if you really think you're good, we're offering the $500 Straight Bounty in the Handicap. As for the Handicap Bounty, we look at it like Vegas, and we're the House.

Signup will be at the traphouse. Click on the above for the program, and the ATA schedule for 2011. If you need additional info, email or pm me. You can also track down Wayne Meyers at the club for info.

This Wednesday night we start our Big 50 program. We offer 50 singles & 50 handicap at $8 per 50, plus $2 ATA/ITA daily fees. To kick off our Big 50 program, we're offering $50 to the first shooter who runs BOTH the singles & handicap in one night. One of our members, Steve King of KING TEC is sponsoring this.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park Izaak Walton

Cell: 773-744-1336

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

Forecast is for 30*...not bad for January.

see you there,

Wayne M.

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Any predictions for the Bounty?

4. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

The Big 50 Program will run right alongside practice on Wednesday nights, 5 pm to 8:30 pm.

williammr_2008_030323.jpg

5. fishguts

fishguts Member

The club will be open at 4pm with shooting beginning at 5pm. Since 16 yard ATA and practice shooters can be on the same squad it will be possible to shoot registered targets right away. We will have 2 traps open. Handicap shooters can also shoot alongside practice shooters so the Big 50 program should flow along almost unnoticed.

We usually shoot 4 - 16yd. squads on one trap then go to handicap. One trap usually stays on 16 yd. targets all nite.

Wayne M.

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

My money is on Wayne for the bounty! Singles that is, LOL.

Matt Ski

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

What? Would betting on Wayne for the Handicap Bounty be a stretch? Are you implying his handicap game is not up to Par?

8. fishguts

fishguts Member

No LOL Mattski,I couldn't hit a handicap target if I had to, I never should have gotten off that M12.......

Wayne

9. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

I just heard from a potential ringer who wanted to be presquaded for Sunday. I hope he comes through. Wayne needs more competition to be competitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.