1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK - ATA - Dec. 6th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville, IN will host the last ATA shoot of 2009 on Sunday, December 6th. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles. Shooting starts at 10 am. Breakfast is available at 8:30 am, with squadding and registration at 9 am. Pre-squadding is available in person at the traphouse, the Wednesday evening and Saturday before the shoot. Check out the complete program at the ATA website, click on the link above.

The $100 Straight Bounty for the Singles & Doubles is still in effect and will be for 2010. The $500 Straight Handicap Bounty is in effect for this shoot. It’s questionable for 2010. But maybe we’ll bring it back in some variation. One idea would be to have the $500 Handicap Bounty apply to a particular shoot only if we have a minimum number of shooters. If we don’t get the minimum, then it would revert to $100. If any of our shooters want to keep the $500 Handicap Bounty in the program, and have suggestions, let Roger Hall know.

Just as a note, there are NO ATA shoots scheduled for January & February of 2010.

If anyone needs additional info, email (drop XXXs) or PM me.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Up for the Weekend. It's supposed to be cloudy Sunday, so we may get one more day of decent target presentation.

3. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

I went out to this club today, and it was really good. Everyone was nice, the weather was pretty good, a little too sunny but oh well. As a newer shooter there was lots to learn, and I got tons of good info and tips on my shooting. If you live near by Glen Park Izaak Walton, check it out.

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I agree, I shot there over the summer, very nice people, well organized.

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Unfortunately, you've learned about our southern exposure this time of year. On sunny days, those targets are hard to see, sort of a dirty orangs. On cloudy days, the targets look great. But you are right, they are a great bunch of guys. So much that some of the guys just come out and sit around the fireplace and swap stories.

The forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy, 39 degrees and a wind from the SSW (enough to keep the targets up).

I'm thinking we should have to give out some Bounty money.

6. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

I am still waiting for someone to break 100 on Handicap.

We are good for the money.

Come out and give it a TRY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.