1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLEN PARK - ATA - Aug. 7th - Program & Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WilliamMR, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton in Merrillville (NW Indiana), will host our next ATA shoot on Sunday, August 7th. The program consists of 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 Pair of Doubles (click on the above ATA website for the complete program). ------- Shooting starts at 9 am. ------ Breakfast is available at 7:30 am, with squadding and registration at 8 am. Lunch & shells are available. You can pre-squad in person at the traphouse Wednesday night or Saturday during the day, or call the traphouse at 219-942-3133 on those days.

For those shooters going to the Sparta for Grand Week, if you need some targets to avoid penalty classification, here is one last chance.

As noted above, shooters will take the line at 9 am. These hours are in effect through our October shoot.

The $100 Bounty is still on in the Singles & Doubles (we've had a drought for the Bounty). And the $500 Bounty is in force in the Handicap event.

Bill Radwan - Glen Park Izaak Walton – Merrillville, IN

2. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Give a call to the Club or come on out Sunday morning we will be there...

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

New background over center trap today shooting
    [​IMG]

4. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Looks Clean and Neat - Less distractions

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Beautiful to shoot after a brief shower
    [​IMG]

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Congratulations to Wayne Meyers for his "almost" 100 straight in the singles with a 99 and his "almost" 100 straight in the doubles with a 98. We don't talk about the handicap. But he still managed to pull out the High Overall with a 285. I can't recall the last time we had a 98 in doubles. I think the Wayne of the good old days is back.

Bruce Lovell kicked some butt today also, with a 95, 97 (with a 1 yard punch) & 92 for a 284 HOA.

And for those that bailed after the first cloud appeared, rain lasted 10-15 minutes and turned out to be a beautiful day with blue sky the rest of the day.

7. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Wayne,

Your concerns of a lack of long yardage shooters are eased a bit. You now have to deal with Ray Strabavy. He reached the 27 yard line at the Grand last week. He will be tough.

8. fishguts

fishguts Member

I've been watching the scores at Sparta, Ray S. has been shooting well, he also had a real 200 in the single's. He's alway's tough...

Wayne

9. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Bill,

Congrats on the....just kidding. I hate to say anything anymore, lol.

Matt Ski

10. fishguts

fishguts Member

Matt Ski,....don't say ANYTHING !!....I got a strong verbal warning regarding "you know what". Next time, written warning and possible suspension.

Wayne

11. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

I'm not going to say anymore. However I will get a cake made and bring it down to Rochester for the Tipp Valley.

Matt Ski

12. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

It's days like these that I actually look forward to those "coin flips".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.