1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glaucoma

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

My wife, having fought excessive pressure in her left eye for years, is now facing surgery to relieve the pressure. She has, at age 56, lost 50% of her vision in the past week. She is scheduled for out patient surgery this afternoon. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a positive outcome. I can think of no worse affirmity than the loss of one's sight.

Any comments or suggestions from those who have had to deal with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Noel Kendall

2. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

Noel our prayers are with you and your wife. My Father just had Glaucoma surgery, they put a stint in behind his eye to releive the pressure. He was in a similar situation but his sight came back and now his pressure is down lower than it has been in years. They have made many advances with this surgery. Hope all goes well, keep us posted.

Best Regards,
    Brent Huber

3. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

Have the same problem, pressure of 44 in right eye. The M.D. used a lazer beams to puncture two holes. I am using Cosopt and Brimonidine twice a day.The pressure is now 12,13. Hope she does as well.