1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GLASTONBURY, CT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Dave, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I often visit family in South Glastonbury and an curious to know if there are any trap shooting clubs in the area. I have been to the Hartford club but was hoping for something a little closer.

Thanks

Big Dave

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Try Rockville Fish & Game off exit 67 on I -84. Get off the exit, make a right, go down the road a mile or so, and look for "Fish & Game Club Rd" on the right hand side. As you go down the Road, you'll see the club is divided into two, separate sub-clubs. The first thing you will drive by is the main club house with rifle range on the left side of the road. Don't go there.
    Go a little further down, and on the right side of the road, you will find the trap club that has three fields and its own club house. They shoot on weekends
    and I forget which night of the week - They are an ATA / CTA sponsor club and a great place to shoot. Ask for Phil Sylvestro. Nice guy, the club has nice people. I would be a member, but I live too far from it.

There is also the Andover Sportsmen's club on Rte 6 in Andover; it's like driving to UCONN. They have four fields and is also a great place to shoot.

If you want to head south and west from Glastonbury - Wolcott Landowners just outside of Waterbury is considered one of the premier, trap dedicated clubs in the state. It might not be convenient for you, coming from S. Glastonbury.

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Thank you Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting in glastonbury ct