1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glasses Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BassMeat, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassMeat

BassMeat Member

I have Oakley Sunglasses with interchangable lenses. Does anyone wear Oakleys? If so, what lense do you suggest? Amber maybe?

2. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I shoot with the Oakly yellow lenses and like them a lot. I have not tried amber but have heard they are good for low light shooting also.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Oakley made a half-jacket shooting array with some polarized lenses, I have a set I made up with the Orvis VR lens and a gray polarized and added the Shallow Blue lens for my flats fishing.

Go to Oakley.com and check out what they have... plus eBay for those no longer available...

Jay

4. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Bassmeat,
    Do you have Oakley M-frames?

5. BassMeat

BassMeat Member

No, I have a new model called Hijinx. They are a wrap around style box frame. The lenses are however are interchangable. I will have to look into the yellow. That is something I would like to use. I have gray polarized right now, they are good for fishing, but if I am shooting in a low light I have been using clear safety type glasses because the sunglasses are too dark. The safety glasses create a pretty bad glare.

6. WWB

WWB Member

I bought a set of Oakley "shooting" glasses - plano- ones built especially for the shooting sports--one is kinda pinkish and really brightens up a dull day. The other reminds me of the new CMT lenses-really makes targets stand out and I use them on really bright days. They wrap around so wind--& Colo gets a lot if it--cannot get behind them.
    Call them up, they are very helpful.

7. woodsman

woodsman TS Member

I use the G30 and VR28 lenses the most with the M frame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.