1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glasses for 13 year old Daughter?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

This is my daughters first year shooting and am I am very pleased with her success so far. She has come from shooting upper 30's and 40's out of 100 to 70's and 80's. The only problem she has is her eyes are so sensitive that the least bit of wind makes them water. I have different kinds of glasses (none very expensive) and she said no to any type of goggles. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

A set of side blinder just might be what she needs.

3. laura!

laura! Member

Moisture eye drops, at least 15 minutes before she walks out on the line.

I've read that diet soda can really contribute to dry eyes.

4. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

I would suggest the XLW frame. The wrap, as you can see in the picture at the top, with the woman wearing them on the web site, really stops the wind etc. from getting to the eye.

Also the blinders will work on most glasses.
    Tom

www.texasshootersoptical.com

5. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

I would suggest the XLW frame. The wrap, as you can see in the picture at the top, with the woman wearing them on the web site, really stops the wind etc. from getting to the eye.

Tom

6. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

7. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

8. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

9. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

10. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

She more than likely has dry eyes,Ihad same problem doctor recomended stuff in little tube gel like 15 minutes before shooting. pharmacy section at wal mart blue box. Can't think of the name of it I'll go home and look tonight post tomorrow.

11. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

12. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

13. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

14. GTI-Tom

GTI-Tom Member

Tom

15. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Maybe that XLW frame - seems like I've been hearing about it a lot lately.

16. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

GTI really likes the XLW's :)

Anyway... I own a pair of XLW frames and I will promise you that they will be HUGE on a 13 yo girls head.....wont work. Just try to find a pair of wrap around glasses for kids. Look in the shooting section at walmart, I saw some small/kids shooting glasses at mine. Remember that kids have eyesight like hawks ...not old tired eyes like ours. Find anything that will help with the wind and she will be fine.

17. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I bought the XLW for my son at 16, but you might consider Sunbuster for a 13 year old. Two years ago Sunbuster offered discounts to youth team members that are really cost effective.

If money is no object, buy Rangers and never look back.

TNCoach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.