1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glasses fogging up help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chadshot, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

My son shoots saturday in his 2nd meet, supposed to gave 2-6 inches sniw. What is best way to keep safety glasses from fogging over and clear?
    Chad

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

You need air circlulation between his face and the glasses. I pinched my nose pads a little closer to make my glasses stand a bit higher on my face as it also moved my glasses away from my face to allow more air to circulate.

Anti fog cleaner also helps if you do not want to adjust the glasses.
    Steve Balistreri

3. dhip

dhip Active Member

Don't wait until it's your squad up to go outside.Stand ouside at least a squad before yours,let everything adjust to the temperature outside.Breathe through your mouth,not nose,keeps warm breath away from glasses.Hey,don't laugh,I've tried them all,each works a little,put it all togehter it might solve the problem.

Doug H.(pa)

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Chad.... Quick, easy, and effective: Mark an "X" on both the inside and outside of the lenses with a bar of soap. Clean with a soft rag. Lenses will NOT fog up, I guarantee it... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I use Cat Crap paste that I bought at a ski shop. Smear a little on each lens wait for it to dry and polish with a soft cloth.

6. creek

creek Member

I second the use of "Cat Crap". It really works! The other suggestion of keeping the glasses further from your face is something I always try to do that works pretty good as well.
    John

7. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Will try. Anyone use rain x?

8. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Will try. Anyone use rain x?

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The soap and cat crap do work for the fogging but the best is keeping the glasses away from the skin. The Decot HYWyde design is really good for that. Also wearing a hat with a good size bill or brim helps keep the water from hitting the lenses although if taken too far the bill can get in the way of seeing the targets.

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I use Cat Crap spray on my dive masks.

Tried Rain-X once and will never make THAT mistake again. Do not want that stuff close to my eyes.

Keller

11. Rem29

Rem29 Member

Eliminate the source of the moisture..... use unscented stick anti-perspirant on your face / upper cheekbones / forehead to stop perspiration and the fogging. Try a little tiny bit under your eye at HOME so you can wash it off if you have any reaction to it. If not then put some on your fingertips and rub in on all placed covered by your shooting glasses.

Gary

12. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

I use rain-X all the time and have never had an issue. Just make sure it's had enough time to set up, otherwise it won't work properly. Never tried the Anti-Fog version, just the standard stuff.

Jeff Graupp

13. smoke-eater

smoke-eater Member

I have use some lens cleaner sold by Birchwood Casey they call VizWiz

14. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

Ive had the same problem, i shoot with wrap around glasses, so i went and bought a pair with a more flat lens,(from midway usa) this cured 90% of my fogging, here is a pic, you dont need to spend a lot, just get a pair that will allow air past your face and eyes.
    [​IMG]

15. idoc

idoc Member

Cat Crap

16. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

In a pinch and don't have your store boughten supplies? Scuba divers spit in their googles swish it around with sister any rinse. Dry it and your good to go

17. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Thanks for all the help will see how it works Saturday.

18. racer

racer TS Member

Any kind of soap with lanolin will work- Dan

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If you got Randolph Glasses use their lens cleaning cloth, it has a material in it to prevent fogging, normally you get fogging coming into where it is warm, not going out in the cold.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. dmasencup

dmasencup Member

I raced dirt bikes for years all through the winter and fogging goggles was always a problem. Cat Crap is probably the best but old style foaming shaving cream like Barbasol works too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.