1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Glasses and Hearing Who's resposible

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Flench, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flench

Flench TS Member

Given the bashing we heep on the scokeepers for anything and everthing. Who is responsible to tell the Shooter they need Glasses and Hearing protection?

Doyal Kirby

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

at our club the hierarchy is as follows...non-member, member, trapper/scorer, rangemaster. ANYONE viewing a safety violation has the responsibility to point it out and see it is corrected.

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

EVERYONE>>>>>>>>>

GS

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

thats a tough call

some say if you are not part of the solution - you are part of the problem

could that have some truth to it?

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'd go with everyone owning the responsibility. I always have extra eye and ear protection to lend or gift. I simply motion or hand someone what they are lacking and they usually get the hint. You can lead a horse to water, but can you make it drink? For those that refuse to abide by the rules, it is usually up to the management to enforce them. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone sent packing for such a refusal, but I also can't recall someone refusing.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

What happens if a piece of shot somehow comes back and puts an eye out? Who will be named in the lawsuit? Officiers, board, members, line sup, fellow shooters, all of the above?

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

First and foremost, the shooter themself then anyone who is aware of it becaue it is a "Major" safety violation ... I was pulling at the Old Phoenix club at a major shoot and one of the shooters didn't have eye or ear protection ... I explained that it was a rule at this club and that I wouldn't throw him any targets until he got both, he picked up his things and walked off never saying a word ... I didn't see him again for the balance of the shoot ... I was the President of the club at the time, so him going to see management mean't he had to come and see me if thats what his intentions were ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. pdq

pdq Member

If it a club that follows ATA rules, hand them the rules book & point to #16 under Safety. Eye and hearing protection is not optional.

Pete

9. TC

TC TS Member

Isn't this a matter of personal responsibility?

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

TC Why yes it is a matter of personal resposible just like doing 90 miles an hour in a 30 zone

11. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

Sound's like Doyal is looking for another way to justify attacking a good shooter and gentleman . Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.