1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Given that you

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Sep 26, 2010

Given that you're a nice person and that friends and relatives come to visit you from time-to-time...

And being a nice person who understands your responsibilities as a good host...

How many spare trap guns do you keep handy for taking guests out to the range for a day ?

Say on Christmas Day after the presents are opened and the dinner has digested or on the Fourth-of-July before the barbecue, do you take a dozen or more guests to the range ?

What is the appropriate guest trap gun ?

Is it a selection of Browning BT-99s with adjustable-combs and adjustable stock LOP with the best recoil absorption devices to handle wives, children, and tall guests ?

Or do you keep Perazzis, Krieghoffs, Kolars, maybe even Ljutic or Silver Seitz for the visiting in-laws ?

What is a proper selection of trap guns for the visitors ?

Since the visitors are mostly your wife's relatives or your wife's closest friends from her social clubs, these visitor guns do not count against your allotment.

Actually, your niceness to your wife's relatives and friends adds to your potential allotment of guns.

Having these extra guns makes you more attractive to your wife.

Your wife will love you even more, especially every time you add to this guest selection of fine trap guns.

She will probably insist that you upgrade the wood and add engraving for the guest guns.

It is important to keep the visitor guns in good working order and properly tested on a routine basis.

Would hate to have one fail when your father-in-law is shooting it.

For certainty, probably should test the guest guns weekly.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)
    If they were for my wife's relatives, i'd get those mule kicking Topper single shots with 1 1/8oz 1300fps shells and a metal butt plate. But thats me.....
  3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    BT 99's are all I can afford for spares. But then I dont shoot high dollar guns so why keep them around for someone else.
  4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I get very few visitors during the winter; they can't afford the air fare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.