1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Give me an honest answer on an SKB f/s!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by missemucho, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missemucho

missemucho Member

A few months ago a friend of mine put the following up for sale on TS:

SKB 855TSS unsingle for sale. Upgraded wood,adj.comb and butt plate, ported, set of extended tubes and SKB soft case. Six months old.

He got no responses but didn't leave it up long. The price at that time was $2200 and got no interest at that price.This is a great gun that hasn't been shot much. It's an honest 98% gun in my opinion. He takes perfect care of his guns but has given up trapshooting for golf!

This gentleman really is interested in selling this gun; I don't want to hear the old "SKB sucks" crap and the other assorted cheap shots from the losers that surf the f/s ads looking to see their negative opinions immortalized in print!

What I want to know is: does anyone out there want a great trap gun with quality accessories from a first-class individual? If the answer is yes, what will you give for this gun? I will send pictures to serious inquiries.
    John

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

John, 27th edition blue book has that gun at 98% for base price of $ 1,700. Plus $200 for adj. comb and plus $400 for upgrade wood and plus $114 for mag-na-porting. So $2,414 is total price in blue book. The market is also flooded with guns right now bring this price down some. His asking price of $2,200 seems to be a good one. Maybe he should list it again with some pictures and leave it on the site for awhile. Good Luck and hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

3. missemucho

missemucho Member

Jeff:
    Thank you very much; that's the kind of informed useful info I was looking for!
    Many thanks.
    John

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

there are several for sale for $1700 - 1900 right now

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Re list with photo's up it every 3 days for a week. or if he really want to unload it bring it to a shoot and put a tag on it for his absolute lowest price. Gunbroker.com is a opption also. set a reserve price and let the bidding begin! The gun shops in my area seem to have been sitting on the used guns over 1000.00 for a while now. Just not many buyers.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

going buy above you are not out of line on your asking price.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Bob Shultz has a new one for $1895

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I perform service and repair on the SKB, and the newer guns are high quality firearms, backed by an enthusiastic, professional organization.

The fact that parts and service are hard to come by on older models has hurt resale on them. Also, parts are much higher than the same parts for Brownings.

The firing pin retaining collar will back out and allow the firing pin to fall into the mechanism. Annual service eliminates this weakness. Most firearms have a weakness of some type.

SKB's don't (suck), but resale IS low. There is a mint littermate of yours that has been for sale at my club for quite a while. $1750 is not getting even a nibble. I have seen a bunch of these fine guns go used for half of what they cost new. (groan)

I am not blasting the gun. I think enough of them to have a dealer account with SKB and to stock parts for service and repair.

NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM, they shoot great. Your gun has many features that more expensive guns lack.

9. missemucho

missemucho Member

To be clear, this is an unsingle, not a combo.
    John

10. missemucho

missemucho Member

Here's a link to pictures of this gun:
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/OwnerShareLanding.jsp?collid=329050740210&UV=387809545029_
    3967996402109_396799640210
    Sorry it doesn't seem to want to copy & paste the entire link--you may have to add the last 12 numbers.

Present asking price is $2200 or best offer:
    If interested email xxxandyjayne@suddenlink.netxxx (drop the x's)
    John

11. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

made you a offer of $1400 and i will pay shipping and insurance you havent got back to me say something higher or lower let me know cell 925 628 9755 california anytime

12. missemucho

missemucho Member

You probably sent the message to the person that owns the gun, and if you haven't heard back he probably thought you weren't serious, especially since your original offer was $1800 when you thought it was a new combo!

My guess is he feels there's too distance between you two (in more ways than one) to waste a long distance call.

Just my opinion.
    John

13. acre44

acre44 Member

I will give you $800 for it. Call me.

14. missemucho

missemucho Member

Up for a quality gun.
    John

15. missemucho

missemucho Member

Up for a quality gun!
    John

16. JRD08

JRD08 TS Member

He needs to come down on the price. I've seen combos in good shape that sold for $1900.00

17. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

still interested at $1400 if willing to sell let me know

18. jrb100

jrb100 Member

John,
    If your friend would sell it shipped for 1600.00 I would like to talk to him,and would send credit card check(it is a bank check).along with ffl copy from dealer.

thanks,
    joe

Joe_sordillo @ yahoo.com

19. missemucho

missemucho Member

Please address all offers to andyjayne@suddenlink.net.

Someone will get a great shooting gun.

John

20. missemucho

missemucho Member

One more day!
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.