1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gingrich

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by esoxhunter, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

After watching all of these potential GOP candidates; I have decided that Newt Gingrich would be the only one I will support. Romney is nothing but a clone of McCain. (A RINO) Gingrich would embarrass that stinking Muslim in any debate. However, can he be elected with all the personal "baggage" that he carries? I think if he would "come clean" about all of his past problems and put them behind him; he would surely be a formidable candidate. However, the press will crucify him. Bottom line, there is not a lot to choose from; but this country cannot afford 4 more years of this clown and his cohorts. Maybe a Cain/Gingrich ticket??

2. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

He is the smartest one in the group

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

newt/rubio

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Newt is the best of the lot, and yes he would wear out Obozo in a debate, but about his baggage, if the repubs would get behind him and quit kowtowing to the media and dems about Obozo the issues would dissolve, enough for him to be elected

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

esoxhunter:

For those that may not know, the "personal baggage" consists of Newt cheating on his first two wives. The salacious details, with embellishments and fabrications added by detractors, have been covered extensively by a hostile press.

You said, "I'm not sure what I think if he would 'come clean' about all of his past problems and put them behind him; he would surely be a formidable candidate. However, the press will crucify him."

For the record, Gingrich has admitted the affairs publically and repeatedly. For example, last March responding to David Brody of the Christian Broadcast Network, Gingrich stated that there were times, when "partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country... I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."

This was promptly dubbed the "horny patriot" defense. The liberal press had a field day with it.

Speaking of the liberal press, they've been doing their best to crucify Gingrich since at least the mid 80's. It began in response to Gingrich and fellow conservative U.S. Rep. Bob Walker-PA, hammering Tip O'Neil's 'imperial Congress'. They pounded the libs almost daily during the House of Representative's Special Orders CSPAN broadcast.

The effect of these broadcasts played no small role in the republican revolution that lead to a GOP House majority in the 99th U.S. Congress. It ended 30 years of democrat majorities in the House.

The liberal press hated Gingrich way back then and haven't forgotten or forgiven. If Cain falters and Gingrich’s campaign continues to gain traction, watch the long knives come out.

sissy

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

newt/rubio

Nobummer OneTermer.

dave

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

I, for one,will support almost anyone that can beat the idiot we have now !

8. Rooksd1

Rooksd1 Member

The press will destroy who ever gets the nomination (Sara, Michelle, Hermann etc.) so I would not use that as a factor in your decision. Until the people stop allowing the press to destroy people based on BS we will never get a true leader. Remember how they went after Reagan.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it".
    Ronald Reagan

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Did anybody notice how many Democrats got elected on Tuesday. HMB

10. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Newt is my choice and certainly the best the Republicans have to offer. However, getting him in will be a problem.

BB

11. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Seems to me that the Democrat wh*re-dogs...Clinton, Kennedy, etc...
    took philandering off the table as an attack-point.
    Newt Gingrich's "personal baggage" is just that...Personal. He is easily the best candidate to lead our country back to greatness.

12. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

Dead meat.

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Even the Republican Party isn't stupid enough to nominate a notoriously morally bankrupt hypocrite like Gingrich.

Why not throw your support to the Tooth Fairy?

Grow up.

-Gary

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    But they're stupid enough to nominate Romney, who couldn't even beat McCain, who in turn could not beat Obama.

15. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

This is playing out like a beauty pageant. Honestly, Newt speaks like he is smart and capable to actually do the job. Newt Gingrich/Ron Paul. A unlikely combination but it could clean out D.C. like a double shot of dulcolax. No, I did not say they would win.

Now where's the lipstick...

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I like Newt, baggage and all. Maybe, that should be his theme "I like Newt." Easily the smartest of the lot. And could at least hold his own with O'Bammy. I.m afraid O'Bammy would destroy any of the others running in a debate. Think what you want about him, but he is a great debater and speaker (preacher). That is how he became the Pres.... Whoever goes up against him better be as articulate, or he will blow them away.

17. shadow

shadow Active Member

Take away the teleprompter and Odumbo couldnt remember his own name.

18. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

I remember his name, its Barry Soetoro, Manchurian Candidate.

19. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Obamma! Hill put gas in mah caa, Hill pay thuh rent!

20. Habib

Habib Member

Newt is a snake. Tax fraud, ehthics violations, on and on. qualified but not electable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.