1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gillette Wyoming Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kevin Nelson, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

Thank you Gillette Gun Club for another great shoot. Great trophies, Great targtets. Very well run. Great food. Keep up the good work, it is appercieated.

2. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Thanks Kevin

3. moserag

moserag Member

Thanks for the thumbs up Kevin. We appreciate having great people like you and Ginger shooting with us.

Dave

4. moserag

moserag Member

Gary, as far as the antelope population, I'm just now starting to see some fawns around.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

We drove Sunday from Pocatello ID to Boulder CO. The route was through Border WY past Kemmerer to Little America, then on I-80 to Laramie, then down to Ft. Collins. We saw a fair number of antelope scattered along the way, but more west of Rawlins than east. Yesterday we drove from Boulder up I-25 to Cheyenne, then up US-85 to Newcastle and over to Custer SD and the Black Hills. We saw scattered antelope along the way, but not nearly as many as I expected. There were a few good bucks, and a couple of fawns that looked pretty young.

6. tbuster

tbuster Member

The antelope population is looking pretty good. We had to stop shooting at one point while a female pranced across the field by the fifty yard stakes.

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

We drove back home yesterday, starting from just south of Hill City SD. The route took us across Wyoming from NE to SW, through Newcastle, Wright, Casper, just south of Lander, South Pass, Kemmerer, Cokeville, and home. We saw scattered antelope along the way, but never more than five or six in a bunch, and there were long stretches without any. I suspect the antelope are about as abundant as usual, but they are just scattered this time of year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.