1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for the postman, garbage man etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kim Little, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

In light of the fact that there seems to be some concern over gift cards this year. Are there any creative ideas out there to gift those who serve us all year long other than cash. Do you find it normal and customary to gift the equivalent of one service perfomed?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Frank, my wife and I give Tins of Cashews at Christmas time. Everyone seems to like cashews. The big collassal? ones. Mike

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you can afford it a nice little envelope with the hole in it for the face on the bill is nice.

You get them free at the bank.

Then they can use it to their advantage.

HM

4. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

So it is near Christmas time and the lovely blonde housewife wearing a negligee? invites the postman in and feeds him a huge breakfast and then takes him upstairs and gives him the jump of his life and then proceeds to give him a dollar bill. The postman asks what brought all of this on. The blonde says she asked her husband what to give the postman for Christmas and her husband said "screw him, give him a dollar", she says "breakfast was her idea"! Bill
    P.S. I just had to do it with an opening like what to give for Christmas!

5. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

6. Jimmy E

Jimmy E TS Member

As a garbage man I know that my partner and I value any show of appreciation no matter how small. We tend to remember the good ones too! Definitely helps when it comes to getting rid of that "heavy something were not supposed to take" youve had kicking around the shed or garage for years too. I always go the extra mile for those who appreciate the work we do. And here it is right from the horses mouth. The best gift for your G-man....Beer in the summer and Liquor in the winter!
    Jimmy

Not too sure about those letter carriers. Something thats easily carried I guess. Gift certs. Cash.

7. 5spd

5spd TS Member

As a mailman I can say most appreciate anything thats given to them, no matter what it may be. For myself I dont expect anything. What I find that most customers leave is bottles of wine, liquor, boxes of chocolates, small amounts of money no more than $20, gift cards (store, restaurant etc). Items that are easily carried in our mailbags also. Dont give them something you dont like, usually they wont like it either (like any kind of chocolate covered fruit).
    I always drop a note back into the box saying thanks when I do pick up a gift left for me as well.
    Like most I do remember who did leave me something though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.