1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Giacomo's Service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Doc, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

My Perassi broke an ejector yesterday afternoon. I called Giacomo at 3PM and order a new part. He said he would send same and would try to pre fit it and send it out by UPS last night and I would have it this morning by 10. I thought UPS gets to my house about 4 PM. Well the part was in the gun by 10:30 and fit perfectly and the ejection was also in time. That's SERVICE. Thanks Giacomo. D Winter

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

He does know his Perazzi's..... and he likes his customers...

Jim

3. gary0920

gary0920 Member

g Ak' A mo

4. BigM-Perazzi

try "Hi Friend". He responds exceedingly well to that...

Jim

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

but do you know his last name? Jeff

6. BigM-Perazzi

Yes, Arrighini ... Do I win a prize??? maybe a Perazzi? I'd settle for a t-shirt.

Jim

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Hope he's training a good one to take his place when he retires. Giacamo and Lawrence Pilinski are the best P-gun guys.

8. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I had some work done at the southwesterngrand.

I went in after the first 100 and spoke with Lucio. I told him I had about 2 hours until the second round and needed to get a set of O/U barrels fitted. He had them done in a little over an hour.

When I went into pick up the gun Lucio told me they had checked the gun & found a bad ejector spring and replaced it. Lucio then explained to me that the rib heights on the O/U's was lower than the rib on the un-single. He then asked if I had the spacing washers for the adjustable comb. I told him no so he gave me the washers I needed. He also checked the triggers and told me that both were set at 3 1/2 pounds and showed me how to grease the gun properly and then gave me a tube of Perazzi grease and a red Perazzi hat.

Granted the items didn't cost that much but it was the fact that he knew he was speaking to someone who was new to trapshooting and new to Perazzi shotguns and he took the time to explain some of the little, important things to me. That's customer service.

He was a little expensive but worth it, at least I know the job was done right.

9. loadmaster

loadmaster TS Member

Could someone post his phone number please. Thanks

10. SMALLBORES

SMALLBORES TS Member

Giacomo's Info :

Giacomo Sporting Inc.
    6234 Stokes Lee Center Road
    Lee Center , N Y 13363

Phone : 315-336-1356

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Finger,

Explain how the ejector trip rods hold the trunnions/joint roll pins, in place?

The joint roll pins are pressed and/or soldered in. If the were able to move, they would bind the trip rods, causing inconsistant ejector tripping.

For at least the last 30 yrs (of gunsmithing), I've never seen the joint roll pins ever loosen up. I'm sure with the quantity of guns Giacomo has seen, he probably has seen a few. But I'd be willing to bet that those were the exceptions, not Perazzi's standard of fitting the pins.

Doug

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Sorry Finger,

I didn't realize you were asking a question or looking for a reply, so I will reply.

First I'll say Giacomo probably has forgotten more than I've learned (so far) about Perazzi's, but I really enjoy the "mechanics" of a firearm. Not just how each gun works, but why each part does what it does.

I don't doubt what Giacomo has told you, but maybe you misundertood WHY he said what he said to you, particularly with regards to your gun.

Let me explain....

The ejector trip rod is not a "dual purpose" part. It serves one purpose, and that's to trip the ejector sears. The rod should move relatively free. It does need a small amount of friction while moving in the receiver, so that when the hammer(s) move it forward, in stays in place, otherwise the possibility of it slipping or falling back into the receiver, while the gun is being opened, will not trip the ejector sears.

Now, in your case, the joint roll pins/trunnions, are loose. They should not be. As I stated earlier, they are either pressed in VERY tight, or soldered in. If allowed to remain loose, they will want to spin, albeit, the amount is very small.

Not knowing the metalurgy of Perazzi guns, I do know that the receivers tend to be soft. Look at how many have firing pin hole deformations. The joint roll pins I believe are somewhat harder. That's why you never see them wear.

Allowing the harder pins to move in the receiver will just make them looser in the holes. The holes will wear toward the front of the receiver. Also, with each shot, the pins will batter the holes even more.

The spinning pins will also want to pinch on the trip rods. I would think eventually a little "divot" will form in the rod. Pinching the rod may also lead to ejector problems. The joint roll pins "could" put enough pressure on the rods to prevent them from moving forward when the hammer pushes on them.

Now back to Giacomo's explaination to you. You DO need to keep the rods in place. If not, the loose pins could work themselves free of the receiver and fall out. Not good!!

To repair the loose pins is possible. Overized pins could be installed, a pressure pin can installed to hold the joint roll pins, or they could have a bit of silver solder(this would require rebluing).

I would think Giacomo would agree that the joint roll pins should never be loose, nor should they ever loosen up. The pins are the only thing that keep the barrel/forend package from moving forward.

So, to summerize...your gun, yes, the trip rods should stay in. Proper fitting pins....no.

Doug Braker

13. loadmaster

loadmaster TS Member

Smallbore, Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.