1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Giacomo Sporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PAR8HED, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I hope the group won't mind this posting. I've read several others over the past few months about how Giacomo took care of them, and I would like to add mine to the pile. I bought an Ithaca Perrazi SC-1T last December. Shot it a few times and then at the end of January sent it off to Giacomo for a new recoil pad and some TLC. I tried really hard not to bother them as I knew they were really busy. But I confess there were a few phone calls wanting a status, especially as the snow started to melt.

On Monday a package arrived. As I opened the case, a strange gun looked back at me. On closer examination, yes it was mine, but it looked like it had just come out of the factory. All oiled and shiny looking. The teeth marks where the previous owner had put the stock in a vise to change the recoil pad were gone. The chip out of the stock by the switch was filled and matched to the wood. It was like a new gun.

Now talk about torture, I still had to finish the work day before I could go to the range. And it shoots just as nice as it looks. (We won't discuss the guy pulling the trigger.)

Yes, they did treat me right. As for my bill, the parts cost and labor were within what I had expected and what I wanted done was indeed accomplished. Now there was some extras, I had to have a hat, and that did up the bill. But the old saying is true, I paid something and I got what I paid for in the end.

So please forgive the long post, but I think if someone treats you right you should let the rest of the community know about it. Giacomo just earned my business, for as long as I am in this sport.

Harold Hitchcock

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Ditto. You should see the job they did on my son's MX3 Special. Truly professional and thorough. I received world class craftsmanship and service. Both my son and I are customers for life.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Thank you for the kind post.. Dan has continued the tradition of his father-in-law Giacomo.. and is a excellent gunsmith and friend.. As Giacomo said many times.. he does not work on every gun.. but he always wants to be the BEST with Perazzi's.. and Dan has certainly followed in his footsteps. i'll be working with Dan and Giacomo at the GRAND.. Come on by and say hello if you're up there.. All Good.. Mike

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I bought an Ithaca Import Perazzi MX8 in the late part of 2007. I bought it from Jaqua's. I gave $2000.00 for it, and it was WORN OUT! Top and side ribs loose, timing off, blue worn off, lever @ center, etc. I sent it to Tom Wilkinson first to look @ barrel work because I was making it a doubles gun. He forwarded it on to Giacomo. Dan called me, and told me the damage...complete rebuild! I told him to make it new again, and ship it back to Tom. When I received the gun back, I could not believe it! The bluing, work, etc. looked great. The gun looked like it had never been shot and hanging on display @ the Perazzi building. Two of my friends saw the before and after of the gun, and could not believe the quality workmanship. I still shoot Perazzi's, and will let Giacomo Sporting do all my work.

Mike,

Look forward to meeting you @ the Grand. I will be by Giacomo's. I need the top lever worked on for my MX15. See you there friend!

Matt Woodson

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Giacomo and family are the best. Part of what makes trap such a good sport is the good friendships that are created.
    Giacomo is the man when it comes to Perazzi, nothing more needs to be said. Dan has fit into the family and business perfectly.

Nothing but best wishes to these folks.
    Jeff Philipbar (puablo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.