1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Giacomo Sporting Thanks Dan MX-8 Type Change

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hogsan, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

Purchased a type 3 MX-8 with custom wood about 4-5 years ago. Gun shoots well but type 3 forend suffered stress cracking twice and needed repaired and refinished. Purchased type 4 Iron on TS and sent to Giacomo for type change. Not something I would want just anyone to do. Came back today and and I cannot describe the quality other than it looks and fits like a new gun. Well worth the wait. Thanks Dan, Doug and all the crew at Giacomo.

2. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Being nosy, what did this service cost? Thanks. Garrett

3. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

Lug work less than $200 plus reblue due to welding. The trick is to find Type 4 Iron in good condition without spending an arm & a leg. I have a custom Type 3 forend with iron that I will sell or trade to soften the overall cost. Less than $1000 for everything. Will post the Type three with pix at a later date. I believe it is a Anton Hillmer?

Jim

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Pictures please!

5. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

Gunfitter: Will post some pictures when I return home from the IL State shoot about 6-18. Will post both the converted gun and type 3 FE & iron. Send PM if you want something specific.

Reyper: I have heard of Phil Simms but have not seen any of his upgrades. Have extra type 4 wood and 3 additional Perazzis now can swap at will. Only one I can not swap is an old live bird gun from about 1967. It is all original so would not mess with it.

Jim

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Here's a type III with added screws.

stevew_2008_030321.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.