1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Giacomo Sporting service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MOP, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOP

MOP Active Member

Any recent experience with Giacomo Sporting (last 3 - 4 months)? I have done business with Giacomo for years, but I know he is now retired. I've been hearing a lot of bad reports.

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

MOP Fishing? Trevor Dawe.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

What you've heard is its taking longer to fix your gun.. Allen died last year.. and Giacomo is in and out..Putting in far less hours than before.. Dan.. his Son-in-Law is doing all that can be done.. The work is still the best out there.. just.. it's now going to take a little longer.. I'll be working for Dan at Giacomo's at the GRAND.. this year.. If there is anything I can do to make something right for you.. I'll be there for you.. Dan and I will be working late.. and getting there early.. We will turn any and all work that can be done at the GRAND around quickly and effectively.. Bluing..rib resolders must be done in New York.. Let me know if I can help.. All Good.. Mike

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Gaiacomo Sporting is still the best!

Matt

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

2nd what Mike said...

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

When you've made 1 gun.. and 1 gun only.. your whole life.. You've GOT to be the best.. You see more of 1 model than 10 gunsmiths combined..PLUS.. you have the correct parts to fix them on hand..

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

All high skill service business' experience glitches and slower output when you lose the centerpiece craftsman. Sometimes the business never recover to their original level and other times they slowly return to their old level of competence. Knowing Giacomo's commitment to excellence and his current "hands on" roll in the transition, this company will be around for a long time.

8. Art D

Art D Member

Just had a O/U barrel fitted to my MX 15 Very Nice Job, Would recomend any time. Dan does a very nice Job. will send MY O/U barrel to be resolder and blue this week.

9. joehunter

joehunter Member

Dan does great work. He will be at the PA shoot next week and the US Open sporting Clays shoot at Elk Creek in KY the following week. I have added a link to their new website.

Joey

10. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

I have had work done recently. First, I sent one of my MX3 Specials in for a complete "makeover" in December. Dan knew I didn't need the gun back quickly because I told him so. He took his time with it and did an excellent job at a great price. Just last month, I had a problem with a trigger. I let Dan know it was very important that I get it fixed as soon as possible, so he obliged. I shipped the trigger overnight on Monday and he shipped it back, completely rebuilt and tuned-up, Tuesday. I had it in my hands Wednesday morning.

I believe Dan will do whatever he can to get your job done by the time you need it done. But, if you don't let him know when you NEED it back, jobs like my critical trigger repair may get in the way of your not-so-critical repair (not saying what you need done isn't critical). Just be honest and let Dan know how time-critical your job is.

Giacomo Sporting is A-1, First Class. I wouldn't trust my Perazzis in the hands of anyone else.

Bruce

11. Chester White

Chester White Member

Does that mean that the original website is no longer kept up to date?

12. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

The best folks to deal with! puablo

13. JES

JES Member

Worked on my gun an the Spring Grand Tucson, Dan did an excellent job and very quickly in between events. Reasonable. Jan Slough

14. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Danny is great on the Perazzi's, but he can't handle more than one Manhattan! LOL! I'll never trade my Kolar for a spaghetti shooter Danny!

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Dan and I are getting our dates for the GRAND together.. We plan to get up there early.. and be ready for whatever you bring.. I'll ask again.. Please make a list of what you want done.. with your name and serial number of your gun.. That paper will get attached to the work order..that usually does not give you enough room to write everything.. That will speed things up greatly and allow us to be quicker getting the guns in..and logged in the book.. Also.. if you have your cell phone with you.. please include the number.. I look forward to helping Dan.. and meeting all of you up there.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.