1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghosts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FIB, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

How do you start a thread like this out? I know that there must be a rational explanation for everything that has been happening to me lately but I must admit at times I'm perplexed. The other night I heard the door on my closet close. My dog that sleeps with me heard it too and stood up in bed. Last night before going to bed I saw something white looking on the ground move (it was semi-dark) and couldn't explain it. I didn't want to mention it to my Wife because I'm still trying to talk myself out of all of it. We have lived in this home for 13 years and have been very happy with no problems. I may just be super sensitive now to everything I don't know. Have any of you had things like this happen without a simple explanation? Please keep this serious if you would..Randy Price

2. FIB

FIB Member

No, I have two sons one is 15 and the other 8

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Randy,I would try and look up the history of the house.

There is an island on the Mississippi river we have a cabin.
    There have been stories of Ghosts on this island for at least 90 to 100 years.

The newspaper has ran several stories on this.We have a friend with a cabin below us.She came to our place one night around 11:30 pm saying she seen a ghost.I said you better get some better #hit to smoke.She was very upset and crying.I have no idea what or if she seen something.I do know from that night on she will not stay in that cabin by herself.There was a murder on this island about 100 yards from her cabin.This is what the old timers use to tell.
    Supposed to of happened in fall of 1896.

Bocephas

4. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks guys for the replies. In the past I would say that I was agnostic toward the existance. I still don't know if I'm being just a little silly, but I have to admit to being a little freaked out. Sorry Tron about the adolescence part. I just remembered the female part...Randy

5. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

The the Ghost pink like a pink elephant?

6. FIB

FIB Member

Hydra, I'm being serious here. Randy

7. FIB

FIB Member

JayZap, I'm sure that you are correct (at least that is what I keep trying to tell myself). I just wish I could find the explanation more easily.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Randy, my wife and I try to go to Gettysburg, Pa. a couple times a year. We always stay at the oldest B&B's in town. We have had a lot of strange things happen to us over there. Since my teens I have been exposed to some stange occurances. Never anything that hurt me. Just scared the s--t out of me a couple of times. Bulge.

9. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Sorry FIB But I just had to do it.

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Randy.... You either believe in this type of thing, or you don't. Some things that happen to us in our lives can never be explained, and never will be. As for me, personally, I live in a 115 year old craftsman house in Eureka, Calif. I have lived here for almost 20 years, in the same house. I have completely restored the home, and it's extremely comfortable for me. There have been several times, however, that some very strange things have occurred that I cannot explain away. Never have I been frightened, or afraid, nor have I felt threatened. Whatever it is that happens, it's not enough to make me want to move. Things just sometimes happen in our lives we don't understand. Share what you experienced with your wife, and enjoy the fact that you may actually have something going on. As long as you're not frightened.... It is what it is, so, just deal with it, together, and see where it leads... Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Seem that If ghost haunted their place of death, hospitals would be full of them.

12. mrrem3200

mrrem3200 Member

When I was a kid maybe 5 or 6 years old my mother my sister and I went to visit a friend of my mothers, her husband had just passed, and his name was Harry. M sister and I were standing on the back porch of an old 3 decker (top floor). We saw Harry (Harry is dead) walk out onto the porch; Harry was wearing a white T-shirt, he placed both hands on the railing and then he was gone. We looked over the edge and no Harry. My sister and I had not spoken about this incident since. About 30 years latter my sister and I were at my dad’s death bed, and the movie Ghost was on TV. I reiterated the Harry story to my sister and her eyes got wide and said she remembered it exactly as I told the story.

Several month latter after my Dad passed I had a dream that I was talking to him, he told me to thank my sister for caring for my mom and said tell your sister I hold her in my arms all the time. The next evening I was talking to my sister and I said for what its worth I had this dream and relayed the dream and message to her. She cried uncontrollably, once I was able to calm her down she told me that her husband had left her the night before: she sat down on the stairs and cried and said Dad I need to feel your arms around me. Coincidence, maybe?

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Randy, when I was young (pre-teen), I was afraid to walk past cemetaries at night. One time while walking with my mother she picked up on this and she commented to me" Don't worry about the dead they don't hurt you, it's the living that can do you harm". Made then, and does now, a lot of sense. Bulge.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the people who think it's all over when you die. For the record, there have been cases where sophisticated equipment has measured a change in the body weight when someone passes.

But then Houdini spent his life in supernatural beliefs, seances, etc and couldn't keep his pronmise to come back after he died.

My Belief: Yes, there is more. No, I am not sure exactly what. but you live your life as well as you can, and only find out if you did it right after.

HM

15. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I once heard the comment that we believe that the world we live in is the solid substantial realm, while the spirit realm is ethereal and insubstantial, but actually exactly the oppositte is true. That the spirit realm is where the real action is and the physical universe is an insubstantial shadow and comparatively microscopic realm compared to the spirit realm. I think sometimes that things that are going on in the more substantial spirit realm "bleed over" into ours, and this is the explanation for some of the paranormal things we encounter.

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Is it possible that what you experienced was really just your mind processing some thoughts in a state of awareness somewhere between sleeping and being awake? Kind of like sleep walking .... Not making light of this or doubting your experience.

17. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

HM, to clarify the Houdini statement a little, he spent the later part of his life exposing supernatural fraud. He did say he would come back if possible, still waiting.

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I live in an 100+ year old house in CA, and there is something that shows up in the upstairs front bedroom. It is a shadowy adult sized figure. I've seen it, and so has my wife. It doesn't appear to be malicious, so we don't worry too much. But we won't sleep in there anymore. We reserve that room for the in-laws when they visit!

19. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I don't feel threatened my whatever is going on it just seems wierd that it has started happening now after 13 years of living in this house. To the best of my knowledge that has never been anything strange occur in the house. The home was built in 1960 and we are the 2nd owners. The Widow that we bought it from and her late hisband were loved by all the neighbors. I give up. Randy Price

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Call Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.