1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DocJim, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocJim

DocJim Member

Recently shot under the lights which I had not done for some time. I noted a slight ghost on the lower-right portion of the target making it appear less sharp. Noted primarily on shooting to the front and right and not to the left. My glasses do not have anti-reflective coating. Is this how light glare might appear to the shooter? I'm 69 and no known eye diseases. Thanks...............AJ

2. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I find night shooting better defines the target as well as the end of the barrel. Some people seem to need to hold a little lower than there regular hold. But all in all not much different. Maybe your lighting is a little different than ours?

George Ware

3. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

There is a club where I shoot at night. I have the same thing because the lights are behind me and to the right. There is a slight reflection off the end of the barrel when I follow targets to the right.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Also...check for cataracts; many of us, as am I, are "lucky" to have cataracts since birth. Not much one can do or is advised to do with small to moderate catarcts. See an eye Dr., i.e., an M.D., not a dispensing optician.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

DocJim Try putting blinders on your glasses it might be a reflection on the inside of the lenses from the lights.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.