1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Ring sight experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BD457, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BD457

BD457 Member

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I thought I'd share my experience.

I'm one eyed shooter and every time I shoot a round with both eyes I do poorly....not just slightly poorly....VERY poorly. I've really given it a lot of chances and different methods of getting on the bird with one eye but just haven't been able to get the brain to make the connection. I can get the right sight picture (so to speak) right up until I start to move the gun.

Anyway......I pretty much gave up on the two eye thing until I went out last weekend and just for giggles I was shooting my 18" tactical 870 with all the buzzers, lights, Zombie stickers, etc. (we've all seen these bozos on the trap field....well....I was one of them this week-end). It has ghost ring sights and I thought I'd shoot a round with both eyes. I only dropped one bird. The ghost ring was the ticket to tell my brain which eye was chasing the bird. I was amazed at how easy it was to pick-up the bird and smoke it. I'm not going to rush out and throw ghost rings on my 682x (Unless somebody already makes 'em ;-) ), but I have a new appreciation for learning to use both eyes.

Just thought I'd share

Mike

2. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

nice...just put a 30" barrel on that 870 tactical and have at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.