1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GGC, Sunday 22 January.

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by flashmax, Dec 12, 2016.

1. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

On the 22th, ( Yes Twenty-Tooth ), of January 2017 Golden Gun Club will host the very first scheduled ATA shoot in Colorado of the new calendar year. It will be standard GGC program, 8AM registration, 9AM Start Singles. $29.00 per hundred target and trophy fee, $10.00 per option Lewis/Class/Yardage purses. The Usual and Customary $3.00 ATA and $4.00 CSTA Once Daily fees as well. ...

The people at NOAA that tell us all the Polar Bears are fixing to drown due to lack of Polar Ice/Global Climate Change told me ( in confidence, prediction not to leave the room ) that it will be 72° with Clear Blue skies and absolutely NO wind that day so mark your calendars and be sure to join us.

2. flashmax

OK, not 72 but the long range prediction right now is mid forties or better. So do think about attending this, our first shoot of 2017.

Don

3. JRMyers

JRMyers Member

Don,

I have to say you guys are crazy! I was in Denver last week and there is no way a California boy would be shooting in that weather. Maybe keeping your head on the stock would not be that bad because your face would be frozen to the wood.

4. flashmax

As of right now ACCUWEATHER says it will be 43 degrees, bright and sunny. They don't forecast winds that far out so ..

Yeah, may be crazy but the kids that come out for AIM and Colorado Youth Trapshooting Tour will shoot in below zero weather with clouds, wind, and even snow. We have to almost FORCE them to warm up between events. But they dress for it and really ( yeah I know it is a cliche but it is also true ) the low humidity here makes the cold a lot more bearable so long as the wind doesn't get really bad.

5. flashmax

Danny has the facility ready, AJ will have propane to burn your weenies, or braise your Brats, or carbonize your buggers. Or something ...

Come on out and have a good time. January thaw is a real thing here.