1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gforce chip

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tracyhunter, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Got a pop up while on ebay from gforce telling me that one of there chips would increase the power and gas mileage in my rav4.anyone ever tried one of these?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Are you serious?? Run away from that fast!!!!!

That is one of the biggest RIPOFF SCAMS going. There are legit programmers that can add HP and Torque on the market. They are not cheap.

That GForce is not one of the legit ones. They are usually nothing more than a Resistor and can damage your vehicles computer as well as remove hard earned cash form your pocket.

For example: I have a Superchips Programmer. They work very well and have several performance modes, tow mode and fuel saver mode. It wasn't cheap though at nearly $300 and does not add near the HP/Torque that those scams claim. Mine adds roughly 30HP and 20 Torque to my Full Size Pickup truck. I don't know if they make one for the RAV4 but you don't need one for that little SUV.

Don't get duped. There are no cheap shortcuts to adding large boosts of HP/Torque. Hp/Torque is expensive.

.............................................................................................................

The exception to the that Rule:

Now with some diesel trucks, the programmers such as i listed above can add some amazing power. I have heard of some adding 150HP and boat loads of Torque. They are Diesel trucks though. Not gas cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.