1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Started in Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jaeger firearms, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaeger firearms

jaeger firearms TS Member

I am just getting started in shooting trap, so looking for a nice starter gun. Hopefully, it will be something I will really enjoy.
    I would like to find a Remington 1100 or 870tb
    Anyone have one they'd like to pass along to a good home for a good price?

Thanks
    Kandi Jaeger
    jaegerfirearms.com

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have 3 kids shooting trap (19, 16, 14 ) The 19 year old will shoot anything you put in his hands. The 16 year old shoots nothing but a bt 99 34" w/ adjustable comb. The 14 year old shoots a Bps trap 30" w/ adjustable comb and has done very well with it and loves it I mite add. As you can see. diff. strokes for diff. folks. As mentioned before. Try a few of them out and see what you like the best. Me personally, its Browning all the way.

3. whos your daddy

whos your daddy TS Member

I have been shooting for almost a year now and I tried a few guns from the club that I shoot at and decided on the Browning xt. I wanted to be able to shoot doubles and it looks and feels very solid. It also was in my price range for an entry level gun. My gun has an adjustable soft comb, a recoil reduction system, and a high viz front sight and it came with a hard case. I just shot my first 25 straight with it yesterday [twice]

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Kandi, while I don't own one, I see a number of very happy people with their Browning XT target guns and I'd assume there are a few that could be bought used as well. I've sent you some mail to review....Bob Dodd

5. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

jaegerfirearms@aol.com

sounds like a gun dealership address

6. rrose

rrose TS Member

Kandi:
    Great to see you starting to shoot trap. I look forward to seeing you at shoots. I agree with the posters that an 1100 is a great gun to try, I am loving the one you transfered for me, as are Browning BT99 or XT's.
    If anyone is in the Cincinnati area
    Jaegers Firearms (Harrison OH) is great for firearms transfers and for ordering guns and ammo.
    Randy Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gettong started with trap shooting

how to get started started trap shooting