1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of static in my hulls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shaner72, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaner72

Shaner72 TS Member

I have noticed the powder sticking to the sides of my hull when I drop the powder in.I am using a stip of bounce static sheet in my powder hopper to help with that is there any other tricks/tip's you can tell me about. Thank's Shaner

2. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

I use static sheets in my tumblers. I clean my hulls after each use. Can see the pin holes and split crimps easily.

Bobby

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Humidify the air and you won't have any issues. The other thing is don't store hulls in plastic containers.

ss

4. Shaner72

Shaner72 TS Member

Thank's. I keep my hull's in a old flat box. I just put a humidifier on my furnace about 2 week's ago. Take Care

5. dbart1948

dbart1948 Member

Quick question. Bobby posted that he is placing his empty hulls in a tumbler. Are these the same tumblers that a person would use for preparing metalic cartridges for loading? And if so, what are you using to clean these hulls? Is it media?

Thanks

Dave

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Shaner72,

You just have some residule static that hasn't quite gone away yet. Another week or two and it will all be gone.

ss

7. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Get a can of Static Guard, (aerosol)...a light spray on the hulls will do the trick.

Walt

8. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Revator97 has the answer - simply stand the hulls up and mist a very, very little Static-Guard over them and let them dry a few seconds and you will not have any static problem inside the hulls. the beav

9. twopipe

twopipe Member

just put a sheet of bounce in your hand and run your hand through the hull container, worked well for me. the static charge seems very light, goes away easily.

10. Shaner72

Shaner72 TS Member

Thank's guy's.I was wondering if I could use a spray.

11. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

Dave,
    I have two media tumblers for metalic cartridges. Each holds 50 hulls. rum for 30 min. or so. wipe with cloth. nothing shines like brass. It is my belief that persons that do not clean after use, impregnate there chamber with residue on uncleaned hulls.

Bobby

12. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Member

Ground your reloader. Then use a dryer sheet in the powder hopper. Static is a bigger problem in the wintertime with the heat drying out the air. Powder drops can vary wildly.

13. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

An air ionizer is about the only way to neutralize a static charge on plastic. There used to be stagic charge removing sprays back in the vinyl LP days that worked pretty good. There are also static sprays for clothes. I doubt a dryer sheet would do much good without actvating it in a heated moist environment, but have read on here that it seems to work for some.

14. FLIP

FLIP Member

just got done loading 500 shells, THANKS for the tip of using the dryier sheet on the hulls put them in with mixing up my hulls a walla no static!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

getting rid of static electricity in shotgun hulls