1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Ready For The Winter.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Here are some pic's of how I move my firewood from the woods to the wood shed. Each bay holds 7 cords. I load everything on the tractor and then I can pick the wood off the tractor at waist level. Much easier on the back. The first pic is the tractor empty. Then full and the third where I put it. Bay one is this years firewood. The second one is for 2012 and the third is for 2013.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ctreay

ctreay Member

You get off pretty easy with just 7 cord. Are you talking 4'x4'x8'(standard cord) or a face cord 4'x16"x8'? We usually go through 20 face cord here in Northern NY in our place. Is that a Massey Harris or a Cockshutt?

ctreay

3. Auctioneer

I don't burn all the bay in one winter. I only right now heat part of the house. I just like to have enough wood stored so if I get hurt or sick there is always a supply of wood there.

The tractor is a 544 International Harvester. 1970 model. Old but works.

4. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

One good thing about burning wood is you get warm twice. Once when cutting and again when burning.There are a lot of 2 cyl. John Deeres and Red Belly Fords still running so 1970 is a late model tractor. Larry

5. ctreay

ctreay Member

Yes my 8N is a 52 model.

ctreay

6. Auctioneer

With the box on the back. Right after I built that box I had to move some old bricks from the house to the barn. I loaded the box up and started for the barn. The road had a small grade to it. I was about 60% there and the front of the tractor hit a bump. The front end was already light and bouncing. Well when I touched that bump the front end went up and about 1/3rd of the bricks fell out. LOL SH!T. I learned to load both ends of the tractor to have a good balance.

7. Auctioneer

Central, Va

8. tachyon

tachyon Member

Old Confederate, actually I get warm three times. Once when I cut it, once when I split it and once when I burn it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.