1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting out the vote!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gun fitter, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

volunteering:

With most of us in the McCain camp how many of you have volunteered
    to help at the polls or to drive Sr. Citizens to vote. The same applies to all the veterans hospitals.
    Have you helped anyone with there absentee ballot? We need to get out the vote.

Everyone of us should be able to deliver at least 10 additional votes for McCain. Target the elderly especially the Veterans and we will win.

What are you doing to help?

Joe

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Is anyone doing any anyhing besides complaining about Obama?

Joe

3. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Good post! I have written letters to the editor in local paper, sent e-mails and talked it up at the golf club. It is amazing how many smart hard working folks are die hard Obama fans. When I ask them what has he done they have a very hard time relating something. I will make sure 10 folks get to the polls. If all the gun owners and sportsmen out there would get 10 voters to vote for our side we can't be beat.(I think)

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Joe, et. al.,

You raised a great point...."What are we (gun owners/conservatives) doing to ensure our rights are not trampled"?

My wife is the Director of Nursing at the Delaware Masonic Home and next week I'll be taking approx. 100 absentee voting ballots for the Residents.

If we as a collective group do something along these lines, then maybe we can keep the Demo's from ruining our country.

Curt - Delaware

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

We need to get the people that will vote for McCain to the polls. We know who they are. The Elderly. The Veterans. The Hunters. The hard working who don't want hand outs.

Any one who knows a potential vote for McCain that isn't registered help them register. Any one you know who can't get to vote drive them. Lastly make sure everyone at the local veterans hospital has an absentee ballot.

This one looks to be a close one. Every vote will matter.

Oh yea don't spend any more time on those you think are going to vote on Obama. Their minds are made up and you can't change stupidity.

Joe Goldberg

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

True, Joe. And the problem is the Dems are registering at a frantic pace, sometimes even more than there are voters in the area.

They have Naivete' and entitlement mentality on their side. God knows this is going to be hard.

HM

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I'm not surprised by the relatively little play this thread has gotten. This is the most important subject if you want McCain to win.

The Apathy of the conservatives towards voter registration is the one reason why we will probably loose.

If there were 100 posts here saying that they were going to help get the vote out for McCain. We would stand a chance.

If we loose don't complain about the Democrats registering votes. We have the same chance and were missing the boat. Blame your self for not doing more.

At the same time everyone who cares get out your check book and write a check for $25.00 and donate to the campaign. I just sent out an additional $50.00 yesterday.

Joe Goldberg

8. RAScott

RAScott Member

Great thread and a free bump I will look into helpig out. And a free bump

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Thank you for your support.

Imagine waking up and the president is Obama. How much more than your currently doing would you then be willing to do. Take that and multiply your effort by 10 and we stand a chance.

Joe

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Ran200

"Someone is going to prove my point shortly about my comment."

Please be specific about your statement. For those of us that are uneducated.

Someone (who) Comment (which comment)

The truth is I'm not particularly happy with the Republicans. I would like to call my self a fiscally responsible American with a major in Micro-economics. Close to 30 years ago I worked for Midlantic bank. So I have a rudimentary understanding of the situation.

I remember the Carter years! I made a bundle on Zero's (bonds stripped of their interest for the uneducated); thanks to the Republicans reducing the interest rate from almost a usury rate. My Zero's tripled in value in less than 2 years. The truth is I will do much better short term under the democrats I always do. It's not the best thing for our country. I care more about our country than I do about personal gain. If I didn't I would be a supporter of the Democrats.

The policy's that the Democrats have proposed through their legislation. Has had a more adverse effect on our economy than the Republicans. Recently it seems both are almost equally as culpable.

I tend to trust McCain more than Obama Biden. Character no one can question the character of Senator McCain including his opponents. How about Biden Perjury twice lies about it and then asks for forgiveness. You want that running the country. Obama still can't get full financial disclosure. His books did not make that much where did all his personal wealth come from.? Who paid for his College still no records. We know all about McCain he's been in the public eye for over 40 years.

I cannot convince someone who will not think! I gave up trying. I want McCain to win. I admit it and feel that we should use the same tactics that have helped the democrats against them. GETTING OUT THE VOTE OF MIDDLE AMERICA.
    Joe Goldberg my real name and I care about this country. What's your name and do you care more about our country than your self?

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Obama has a wide net of wacko's out there getting people to vote.

12. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

This tells it all.

http://www.youtube.com/TheMouthPeace

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

You know it's funny when the minority own's close to 80% of the land by area of this country the minority is only the minority because they don't vote. The minority pays 90 % of the taxes. The Minority lives in the safest states counties and city's. The majority is responsible for the highest rates of crime.
    Why is it that a group(liberal's) that contributes so little to the country gets to vote on how everything is done.

The minority receives less than 25% of government entitlements.

I'm proud to be in that minority.

It seems to me that about 250 years ago our for fathers revolted against a government that was taking more from its citizens than was fair, we have a similar situation going on today. Redistribution of wealth will solve less of our social issues than it will create.

Law enforcement won't work if the courts will not impose strict penalties. We need a death penalty. We need mandatory sentences especially for those using a firearm in the commission of a violent crime.

If you ever spent a day of your life producing anything for our economy with out government helping you. You would understand what I'm talking about.

Our educational system should accept responsibility for its role in this mess.

You can't talk about God in most of our schools. Even in abstract. But teachers all over the country are telling their students that president Bush is bad and the war is bad. Hunting is bad. Guns are bad. I know I have taught in k-12 in our local school systems. I never once let anyone know my personal feelings and did not let my feelings get in the way of teaching. I personally know teachers who have resigned and quit teaching because of the overly liberal anti God Anti Gun Anti personal responsibility attitudes of our local school systems.

I'm finished with answering to those who are either too selfish or to stupid to realize what is best for our country as a whole. I need to get another 10 senior citizens signed up for their absentee ballots.

Joe

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RZVw3no2A4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RZVw3no2A4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

excellent video BuckGuru !!!!!!!!!

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

When confronted with the truth it is amazing how quickly the liberal opinion disappears from a post. The only thing they know is how they feel. Not think.

Feelings are almost always selfish almost never take in to account what is in the best interest of others.

16. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Keep hitting the videos etc. that show the truth. Barney Frank saying there is no problem with Fann & Freddie. His gay lover being with Fannie and making a killing. How about more on the 2 who ran the train being Obama advisers and taking 150 million in bonuses. I tell everyone to Google, U-Tube and get the facts, it's right there in front of you. Even Bill Clinton blames the Dems for lack of regulation. Work hard or Obama is going to get the election.

17. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

do we have to vote for all of the keating five?

18. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In Ohio...

<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='FOX News' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=undefined&referralObject=3136158' />

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.