1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting old

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

As I approach my nineties I am struck by the inevitability that the party must end. And one clear, cold morning after I'm gone, my wife

Will awaken in the warmth of our bedroom and she will be struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore".

No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one more minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say

"I love you."

So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.....And old cars. And children with bad report cards, And dogs with bad hips.

And aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce.

There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special. And so, we keep them close!

Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know how you really feel?

The important thing is to let every one of your friends know your true feelings, even if you think they don't love you back.

So, just in case I'm gone tomorrow, will you please vote against that ass hole, Obama?

Thanks Foggy

2. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

That is as good as anything I have ever read on this site. You have made my day

Jim

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Very Nice

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

nice and just an FYI - I already did vote for MR

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ha ha ha...Musket-head got sucked in by that.

Good job Foghorn...

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

7. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Foggy -- That was the best tear/laugh I have had in a while----Thanks!

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Musketmom,if your boy bobambi gets back in that will be all you have to shoot is a musket. Get out and vote because the other side will and often! Jeff

9. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

toschee. Me like.

10. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Getting old stories.....

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor

of a Harley motorcycle when he spotted a well-known

heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there, waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his bike.

The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic

working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic . . . "Try doing it with the engine running."

----------------------

A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor's office.
    "Is it true," she wanted to know, "that the medication
    you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?"
    "'Yes, I'm afraid so,"' the doctor told her.

There was a moment of silence before the senior lady replied, "I'm wondering, then, just how serious is my condition because this prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS'."

11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Try doing it through the muffler while the engine is running! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.