1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting cabin fever...Snowed in for 3 days

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kent, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kent

Kent TS Member

Haven't left the house for three days and it looks like I won't get out tomorrow. 3 inches of sleet froze under 6 inches of snow. Getting pretty boreing here in southern Illinois.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I did get out to knock the snow off the satelite dish so I could watch TV.

I long for the hot days at the Sparta Grand to give me hope of a thaw and shooting again.

If I could get out of the driveway I would head south to shoot LOL.

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

call al gore and bitch,,,,

3. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Save that photo and use it on next year's Christmas card.

4. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Kent,

Thanks for sending a picture of what our house must look like back in Missouri.

We pulled our trailer down to the Gulf Shores area on Jan 6th and am in no hurry to return.

Thanks for validating my decision to head south for the winter.

ed.

5. Kent

Kent TS Member

Also my supply of Killian"s Red has been seriously depleated. LOL

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Yesterday, snowed here in northeast Ohio about 10 inches. Went to the gun club, snowblowed the field and scored for 2 brave souls shooting trap in the heavy downpour. Both shoot KS5 and don't seem to mind getting these guns wet. It was better for me to venture out versus sitting at home. I easily get cabin fever and it's good for me to get out. Also, the club manager has a four-wheeled drive truck and gladly picks me up since my car would likely get stuck in the parking lot of the gun club. Thanks, Jim. Darrell

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hell, the weather has even been bad here in Arizona, was overcast for a few days and almost walked out without my sun glasse's this morning until I opened the door and could hardly see anything ... I heard the heat kick on a couple of times last night but it warms up a little during the day ... I'm sure glad you don't have to shovel sunshine, we got about 12 feet of that today alone ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Up here in Iowa, we call that little amount of snow a "slight dusting".

Man up and get out and about. It's only snow.

Hauxfan!

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Cabin Fever, I'm ready to slit my frek'n throat! Up here near Chicago w'eve had over 40 inches of the white s$&t and got 3" more yesterday. We haven't seen 32 degress in so long I'm not sure the thermometer goes that high. My wife says" that's winter deal with it" I told her to deal with I need plane tickets.

10. t-bar

t-bar Member

Kent,

Head to Az., suppose to be in the high 70's next week. Have a week long shoot

at Ben Avery. A lot of your fellow ILL. shooters are already here.

t-bar

11. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Bruce is right about Chicago. Last time I was at a gun club was mid-November. I wish it would warm up. I'm getting tired of painting.

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hell...I get cabin fever after 2 hours...3 days would put me in the looney bin!!

Curt

13. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Running out of beer during a simple snowstorm is just plain poor planning.

Everyone makes fun of the weatherman and his forecast…but no-one is laughing when the Perlick runs dry.

14. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Just got back from ice fishing, plenty of ice (about 1 foot). I would have gone and shot a few rounds last night, except that there was a snow storm that turned to rain, then froze. More ice fishing and rabbit hunting coming up this weekend. Cabin fever? Not me! Winter--Bring it on!

15. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Got 7" of "global warming" yesterday in N. Ohio, but they didn't cancel the night trap league. 10 degrees when we shot. Killian's, buy another frig. for winter stock in case that happens again.

WPT....bite me. ( Quit rubbing it in )

16. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

I just saw the seven day forcast at 5pm. It showed 80 degrees for next Thursday. S**t here comes the start of summer. Pretty soon the temps will be in the 90's and then the 100's and then.....too dam hot--- and that goes until October. Oh well, like WPT said, We don't have to shove sunshine!

Philip Santos Capt. (Ret.)

Team Budweiser

17. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Hi Would you guys like to do a deal here in Adelaide,South Australia today it is 42c =107.6f for a little of your cold the temp has broken a record set in 1908 of more than six days above 40c=104f on consecutive days (global warming?) It is a bit like cabin fever do not go out stay in the air con even to hot to shoot trap we have our state shoot on 6th-8th Feb and they are predicting high 35c to 40c days Whew!!!!!!Stubbie down under

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.